Location: Orange County, CA, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson is seeking for a Lead UX Designer for an enterprise automotive client, who can build strategies and design solutions starting from a clear understanding of business objectives, enabling technologies, and consumer mindsets and needs. For this role, we’re looking for a designer who can collaborate with content strategists, technologists, and visual designers to define interactions and user flows within a specific website while establishing standards for other similar sites.
Wunderman Thompson’s UX Design team is first and foremost a collaborative discipline, partnering with the strategy, data, creative, tech and client teams. We create innovative experiences and design beautiful products, services, interfaces, and interactive communications that make a measurable impact on humans and for our clients’ businesses. It’s our responsibility to drive user-centered design processes and help determine the various tools to solve the challenge. We are responsible for presenting solutions to the to ensure best-in-class, human-centric experiences that make a meaningful difference in the world for our most ambitious brands.
To succeed in this role, you must be able to look at the ask from multiple perspectives, ensuring that the vision remains intact on every aspect of a project. You should be an advocate for the user, have a passion for experiences that connect physical and digital worlds, and continually challenge, and innovate ensuring that we’re doing the best work to drive the best results for our clients.
To be considered, you must submit an online portfolio or PDF of your work.
***An important NOTE on location and REMOTE options:
While this role is based out of our Orange County office, work can be done remotely for strong qualified candidates. However, due to client considerations and workflow reasons only candidates who are local to the U.S. Pacific or Mountain time zones can be considered. Please only apply if you are local to these areas.
At this time the intention for candidates local to SoCal will be to choose between working remotely or opting for a hybrid work model that combines working from home and working on-site in our Orange County office. Thank you!
What you’ll do:
- Strategic Experience Design | You’ll help define the design from strategy to implementation, producing and helping guide the creation of detailed client-facing experience deliverables and specifications. Your focus will be on defining the XD process, principles, and system and with little supervision. Informed by data and research, optimized via testing, you’re able to create inspiring experiences and develop frameworks, and work with others to help support the definition and creation of tasks and deliverables such as user research, feature sets, customer journeys, information architecture, design systems, and usability testing.
- Collaborate | You’ll work closely and iteratively with both clients and internal, multi-disciplinary teams which may include Product Strategists, Content Strategists, Visual Designers, Project Managers, and Technologists. You’ll be defining the experience design foundation and building-blocks that helps the team conceptualize what’s possible through compelling solutions. You’ll be expected to deliver to, and facilitate, experience workshops with cross-functional team members, as well as client partners.
Who you are:
- Open and collaborative | Our team is close-knit and supportive and we’re working with a lot of unknowns – you must be a champion of team environments that are comfortable and encouraging, especially when working across disciplines.
- Systematic Creative Thinker | You’re a thoughtful, elegant problem solver that crafts inspiring and useable solutions rooted in a deep understanding and grasp of the human, technical and analytical side of creativity. You’re a whole-brain designer, innovative with an obsession for how the user, business, data, and disparate parts of a system work together to improve the way humans experience the digital and physical world.
- Curious & Detail-Obsessed | You’re passionate about delivering experiences that are more than just solving problems, and innately curious about understanding human motivations and needs. You enjoy following the solution through all stages of the process so that the integrity, consistency, and fidelity of the experience is delivered with a high-level of craft.
- Influencer & Communicator | You’re not only amazing at your craft, but you also know how to educate, persuade, and drive projects, inspiring both clients and collaborators. You have a demonstrated ability to synthesize and present your work to client and internal audiences of all backgrounds. You have excellent interpersonal communications skills required to make the complex feel and sound simple and compelling.
- Ego-less | We all wear the hats that need wearing, it’s a mentality that makes the team successful.
What you’ll need:
- Minimum of 8 years specializing in UX or product design across multiple platforms.
- Ideally worked in a progressive, creatively-driven agency environment that has embraced digitally-led thinking as part of the core creative process.
- Knowledge of design applications such as Figma, Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite and prototyping software for generating design.
- Experience with user testing and solution validation (in person, focus group, click-through) and knowledge of user testing software such as VerifyApp.
- Strong conceptual thinking, as well as a solid understanding of designing intuitive functionality, interactions, architectures and usability principles.
- Ability to look across projects holistically with the ability to understand customer needs, motivations and behaviors, and business goals, and translate them into actionable deliverables.
- Strong collaboration skills demonstrated internally and with client.
- Strong presentation skills in speaking to the UX choices with clients with considerations of the brand objectives and user goals.
- Occasional travel (to Orange County) as needed for client presentations.
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.