Freelance Project Manager
Freelance Project Manager
Wunderman Thompson Health
Department: Project Management & Delivery
Location: Kansas City, MO, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Wunderman Thompson Health, a division of Wunderman Thompson, works with companies to build world-class healthcare and pharmaceutical brands among medical professionals and consumers, with a transmedia storytelling approach that covers print, digital and television broadcast media, medical education, sales force presentations and managed access strategies.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson Health is seeking a Freelance Project Manager to join the team in our Kansas City, MO office. The role of the Project Manager is to create and manage schedules and budgets, and guide the implementation of all online and offline projects from inception, to production launch. The Project manager partners closely with project stakeholders across all departments, to bring operational efficiency to the agency workflow process by identifying and managing the appropriate talent and establishing schedules to ensure delivery of quality work, on time and within budget.
The Project Manager will be fully engaged in the agency scoping process, balancing workload amongst channel disciplines and ultimately optimizing utilization and increasing client profitability. An effective problem-solver on a day-to-day basis, the Project Manager must be adept at anticipating problems and recognizing opportunities in a fast paced environment.
In addition, the Project Manager promotes and ensures that project management standards such as tools, milestones and approvals are utilized and followed.
This is a freelance opportunity in our Kansas City, MO office.
What you’ll do:
- Lead | Responsible for analyzing complex requirements and translate them back to project stakeholders with clear and actionable project plans. Leads weekly resource meetings to address upcoming workload and resource needs. Resolves schedule conflicts. Collaborates with Discipline Leads, Account and Project Management to: Develop a scope of work based on resource needs, functional and business requirements and Create an implement a schedule that is manageable from initiation through implementation and deployment.
- Support | Identifies and manages freelance resource needs. Actively engages the Account Team in regards to deliverables and timing expectations to support a balanced workload for the agency.
- Financial Acumen | Communicates risk management, internally and externally. Contributes to ongoing process refinements and the creation of new process.
Who you are:
- Open and Collaborative | Our team is close-knit and supportive, and we’re working with a lot of unknowns – you must champion team environments that are comfortable and encouraging.
- Problem solver | Ensure quality control by reviewing agency products including: creative work, key client communications, key schedules, creative strategies, and strategic decks. Assist with day-to-day problem-solving by providing guidance to freelancers and raise issues and solutions to senior team. Dig in and figure out how to work around problems.
- Ego-less | We all wear the hats that need wearing, it’s a mentality that makes the team successful.
What you’ll need:
- Detailed knowledge of agency process including but not limited to strategy, digital design, digital media, and technical production required
- Ability to meet high standards for quality and accuracy under tight deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects at once
- Self-starter able to work collaboratively as well as independently
- Ability to scope projects accurately, prioritize time well and juggle multiple projects with little to no supervision
- Ability to organize people, projects and information
- Team Player and good listener
- Education: Bachelors Degree in advertising or marketing is preferred
- Experience: Minimum of 5 years project management or agency experience preferable in an agency or high-tech environment
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.