Full Stack Developer
Full Stack Developer
Location: San José, Costa Rica
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson is seeking a Full Stack Engineer who is essentially curious. After all, in a world that is constantly changing, the today's trends will become the standards of tomorrow. These days, to be up-to-date, a Full Stack Engineer needs to be an enthusiastic learner of all things digital, and flexible enough to adapt to new technologies any time.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate | in an Agile environment, with members of the development/product and technology teams to achieve a best-in-class product
- Design | build optimized, scalable and reliable web applications
- Develop | new features of the product
- Improve | refactor existing code
- Write | maintain unit tests
- Support |Production code
- Contribute | to future design & architecture of the product, and the overall standards & processes within the development team
Who you are:
- A team player | Our team is close-knit and supportive and we’re working with a lot of unknowns – you must be an advocate of environments that are comfortable with ambiguity and encourage collaboration to overcome all possible problems.
- Innovative and adaptable | Keep up to date with evolving technologies and platforms. Implement processes and strategies that facilitate the growth of the practice. Embrace change and iteration.
- Ego-less | We all wear the hats that need wearing, it’s a mentality that makes the team successful.
What you’ll need:
- Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or similar fields
- Experience building multi-tiered Web Applications, across the full SDLC
- Must have great English communication skills.
- React 16.2 or later (Must know Functional Programming/React Hooks), Redux Node.js (Must Know)
- TypeScript (Must know)
- Postgres SQL
- Git/CI/CD (GitHub.com)
- Docker/Container Technology
- AWS including data/database (RDS and S3)
- Have a general interest in Functional Languages and patterns e.g Elixir/Haskell/OCAML/F#/Clojure, etc.
- A working knowledge of in-memory database/caching systems (desirable skill)
- Tailwind CSS (desirable skill)
- Python (desirable skill)
- Go (desirable skill)
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.