Location: New York, NY, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Wunderman Thompson Health, a division of Wunderman Thompson, works with companies to build world-class healthcare and pharmaceutical brands among medical professionals and consumers, with a transmedia storytelling approach that covers print, digital and television broadcast media, medical education, sales force presentations and managed access strategies.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson Health is seeking a People Manager to join the team in our New York, NY office. The ideal candidate will be a strong HR partner to our People Director, craft and operational leaders, and external stakeholders, and will be able to manage volume and complexity while also supporting our people so that they can always do their best work.
The ideal candidate is no stranger to balancing multiple demands and has experience leading through change with high attention to detail and deep organizational skills. You are a fast learner, a strong communicator, and a spirited collaborator who enjoys the process of “digging into” the task at hand to excavate just in time solutions to help people and their teams.
What you’ll do:
- Support | Assist in facilitating the overall performance review cycle including feedback, goal setting, and development planning, while assisting managers and their teams through the compensation review process. Assist People Director in driving employee engagement and retention efforts through supporting and leading people-focused events. Assist the organizational leadership team in solving complex business challenges utilizing various data inputs (i.e., people reports, surveys, local market trends).
- Manage | Conduct new hire orientations and exit interviews. Identify feedback trends and make recommendations that drive improvements. Gain familiarity with and champion “Pulse” employee survey results to deepen understanding of the needs of NY staff. Understand and be able to connect with the NY community to understand the local market, talent landscape, and business resources. Maintain accurate employee data at all times. Liaise with local Finance and regional payroll teams to respond to requested information. Reinforce the rollout of new initiatives and be a point of contact for staff inquiries related to policies, procedures, and systems.
- Build | Provide guidance for sensitive workplace issues in compliance with applicable federal, state, and local employment related regulations while escalating to People Director when necessary. Partner with Talent Acquisition to ensure that our candidates reflect the surrounding community and meet the business needs of the NY office. Provide HR and people consultation to optimize people practices and culture with the goal of achieving business results in conjunction with NA People team.
Who you are:
- A learner | A desire to investigate and be curious to understand the needs and desires of the people you serve. You must be willing to apply that knowledge to strengthen the team.
- An explorer | Be willing to get creative and find resources to work through issues. Don’t be afraid to take calculated risks with the premise of making improvements.
- Open and collaborative | Our team is close-knit and supportive and we’re working with a lot of unknowns – you must be a champion of team environments that are comfortable and encouraging, but focused on a high-level of performance.
- Optimistic and resilient | Dig in and figure out how to work around problems. Innate ability to inspire and marshal people to clear solutions quickly. “Yes”, and “why not” posture. Takes care of self and team. Balance needed to maintain stamina and positivity.
- Partnership | Partner with your People Director, local leadership, and regional & national People teams to help drive positive change. Become an expert on support systems that facilitate employee engagement and performance optimization.
What you’ll need:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, or related field or the equivalent, and a minimum of 3 years of experience in a Talent/Human Resources role is required. Experience in recruiting and/or resourcing is desired.
- Experience working in a digital or advertising agency preferred.
- Must be fluent in MS Office Suite and be familiar with HRMS and Payroll platforms and be able to navigate multiple workstreams.
- Must have strong working knowledge of state and federal employment laws and regulations.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills. Well-developed presentation skills.
- Thrives in a fast-paced and changing environment. Requires minimal supervision.
- Experience navigating efficiently through a matrixed
- Informal and people-centric approach to work and getting things done.
- Able to quickly establish credibility with organizational stakeholders.
- Able to influence, inspire, and lead others through demonstrating the utmost professionalism.
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.