Department: Client Services
Location: Budapest, Hungary
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
WTT Budapest office is looking for an Account Executive to join, who will be responsible for supporting our Account Team.
Who you are:
- A builder | Entrepreneurial attitude coupled with a strong business acumen. Ability and appetite to bring people together. Innate ability to marshal people and create gravity around ideas.
- Open and collaborative | Our team is close-knit and supportive and we’re working with a lot of unknowns – you must champion of team environments that are comfortable and encouraging.
- Optimistic and resilient | Dig in and figure out how to work around problems. Yes and why not posture. Takes care of self and team. Balance needed to maintain stamina and positivity.
What you’ll do:
- Build strong working relationships with internal teams and clients.
- Support the Account Managers and Account Directors in the day-to-day administration of client accounts, including organising meetings, building timelines, maintaining organised records, and assisting with preparing materials for client.
- Ensure the team has a complete understanding of each project’s scope of work, timeline, and dependencies.
- Proactively maintain active projects on WT’s project management system to support the weekly planning of team capacity.
- Monitor project deadlines and budgets, identify and communicate potential changes, and work closely with the Finance team to ensure accurate and timely invoicing for each project.
- Liaise with other departments to ensure efficient and prompt delivery of projects; work with colleagues to brief relevant teams.
- Gain knowledge of WT’s processes and full range of services to develop a broad understanding of the business and identify and pursue opportunities to contribute to the account team and agency.
What we will expect from you:
- 2-3 years of creative agency experience
- to work independently and confidently on multiple projects
- fluency in English
- to be precise and proactive
- to have strong problem solving skills
- to be a team player with a positive attitude
- proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- ability to communicate clearly, effectively and confidently, in written and verbal form, with different levels within the organisation
- excellent organisational and time management skills
- willingness to learn and keep up-to-date with industry trends and ideas
- a passion for sustainability and to help change the world
What you can expect:
- award-winning office
- friendly, small team
- international projects
- annual team building days
- international training possibilities
- remote work opportunity (even if you live in Budapest)
What we can offer you:
We don’t settle for people who can just do the job, we look for people that go beyond that and always push our thinking to be better than yesterday. We believe that this is what makes our agency a great place to be – a space where you’re never far away from the best minds to learn from.
Our focus is on keeping teams connected and engaged whether we're in the office or working from home, putting people’s wellbeing first, ensuring every person has access to our learning and development programme and building an inclusive workplace.
Your career development is important to us. Thrive will provide you with the framework and support needed to reach your career aspirations. There really is no shortage of opportunities here for the right person that is prepared to roll their sleeves up, get involved and collaborate with those around them to deliver the best work for our clients and our agency.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.