Department: Client Services
Location: New York, NY, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson is seeking an Account Manager to manage day to day for Social and CRM on our leading electronics client across the US. You’ll partner closely with the Account Leadership and cross-agency team to support client communications and ensure the delivery of great work. This is a fantastic opportunity to own and lead multiple projects and workstreams from start to finish, provide thought-leadership during each stage of the brief and creative process, and facilitate reviews between client and internal stakeholders.
You’ll have a pulse on the client work and the team, continuously strategizing ways to elevate the deliverables. You’ll be eager to bring people together and play a key role in building new best practices. Overall, you’re innately a people-person with an ability for juggling relationships with the client and project team.
What you’ll do:
- Client | Partner with Account leadership to manage day-to-day communications that will be essential to achieving client goals. You’ll be part of a team that is generating fast turn, social media and CRM campaigns with measurable impact. You’ll be the point person for day to day client communications.
- Team | Manage, inspire, and motivate project teams. Partner with Project Management, Creative, Strategy and Data teams to elevate the caliber of the work and client relationship.
- Process | Find innovative ways to build new best practices and push the business forward.
- Partner | Work with agency leadership and project management to accurately scope projects, recommend staffing plans, and set team and client expectations.
Who you are:
- A builder | Entrepreneurial attitude coupled with a strong business acumen. Ability and appetite to create bring people together. Innate ability to marshal people and create gravity around ideas. A self-starter.
- Open and collaborative | Our team is close-knit and supportive and we’re working with a lot of unknowns – you must champion of team environments that are comfortable and encouraging.
- Optimistic and resilient | Dig in and figure out how to work around problems. Yes and “why not” posture. Takes care of self and team. Balance needed to maintain stamina and positivity.
- Ego-less | We all wear the hats that need wearing, it’s a mentality that makes the team successful.
- Empathetic | Whether it’s the client or team members, you can put yourself in someone else’s shoes and strive to see things from their perspective.
What you’ll need:
- Minimum of 2 years of account management experience at a digital, creative or social agency.
- Proven experience on a fast-paced business in an integrated environment managing multiple stakeholders.
- Comfort and skill presenting work and pertinent project information to client and internal teams.
- Innate ability to drive projects forward and ensure timely delivery.
- Excellent analytical skills and strategic thinking – you’re strong on both IQ and EQ, you’re as adept at reading data for insights as you are at reading clients for feedback.
- Exceptional attention to detail and capability to balance multiple priorities at once.
- Ability to bridge communication among internal and client teams.
- Experience serving as part of cross-functional team and partnering with creative, data & analytics, developers, interagency teams, project managers and various vendors across the creative and technical landscape.
- Partner closely with Creative, Strategy, Data, and Project Management in defining solutions to client’s business problems, ensuring that they can feasibly be executed by all team members while providing the client with the best possible solution.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to multi-task and adapt quickly to changes in a fast-based environment.
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.