Senior Strategist / Health
Senior Strategist / Health
Location: New York, NY, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Wunderman Thompson Health, a division of Wunderman Thompson, works with companies to build world-class healthcare and pharmaceutical brands among medical professionals and consumers, with a transmedia storytelling approach that covers print, digital and television broadcast media, medical education, sales force presentations and managed access strategies.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson Health is seeking a Senior Strategist in our New York office. The Senior Strategist spearheads the strategy and development for marketing initiatives across all interactive and technology-driven applications that meet client marketing and business objectives. The Strategist demonstrates leadership skills, understands key customer and business insights, and drives the correct marketing solutions. The Senior Strategist is highly versed in digital, mobile, and integrated marketing strategies.
What you’ll do:
- Planning | Provide a continual source of marketing inspiration, working closely with client services and creative teams to help bring integrated strategies to life and ensure that the plans support the client’s brand and business goals and objectives. Develop frameworks and conceptual approaches needed to provide guidance for meeting client marketing objectives. Develop channel strategies that define how clients should use digital, offline, and social channels to meet integrated communication objectives. Lead various strategic initiatives, ranging from brand planning to client workshops. Work with and present to client teams and brand leads.
- Research | Identify business and marketing problems, industry drivers and competitive dynamics. Perform research, analyze trends/results to determine strategic implications in an imaginative and breakthrough way. Conduct analysis of multiple solution options, develop, and recommend a strategic approach that meets clients' objectives; apply customer insights and enable clients to compete effectively.
- Collaborate | Work closely with creative teams to ensure strategy is pulled through to execution. Work with analytics teams to uncover insights and cultural trends to help inform strategic direction and new innovative ideas for clients. Share important business trends with the team and develop strategy best practices as needed. Foster and promote a team working environment. Attend and/or participate in department overview meetings, mentor programs, and in-house workshops when necessary. Collaborate with Account Management to develop schedules and manage project tasks. Collaborate with cross functional project teams to motivate, create, and implement short and long-term integrated marketing strategies.
Who you are:
- A builder | Entrepreneurial attitude coupled with strong business acumen. Ability and appetite to bring people together. Innate ability to marshal people and create gravity around ideas. Proactively identify new opportunities for client growth, enforce processes, provide quality assurance, and implement best practices across all engagements.
- Open and collaborative | Our team is close-knit and supportive and we’re working with a lot of unknowns – you must champion team environments that are comfortable and encouraging.
- Optimistic and resilient | Dig in and figure out how to work around problems. Exemplify a “Yes and why not?” posture. Takes care of self and team. Balance needed to maintain stamina and positivity.
- Ego-less | We all wear the hats that need wearing. It’s a mentality that makes the team successful.
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree plus five years’ experience in digital and brand strategic planning experience within an agency setting
- Strong understanding of brands with proven experience in delivering digital strategy
- Marketing experience in one or more industry categories: e.g., pharmaceuticals, health care, retail/services, high-tech, financial services.
- Experience with different channels (e.g., B2B or Broad Consumer programs)
- Excellent knowledge of online research techniques
- Advanced competencies in Microsoft Office and Internet environments
- Ability to scope projects accurately, prioritize time well and juggle multiple projects effectively
- Ability to communicate coherently and sensitively with clients, vendors, and staff members
- Excellent writing, verbal, presentation, and consensus-building skills
- Intuitive and analytical approach to problem-solving
- Ability to organize people, projects, and information
- Ability to offer proactive solutions and ensure successful progression without guidance
- Ability to mentor and provide leadership across departments in a team and matrix environment
- Ability to exhibit client service approach with results-driven performance
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.