Location: Antwerpen, Belgium
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Wunderman Thompson Belgium is looking for Service Designer / CX Strategist, or highly experienced User Experience Designer ready to make a next move, to join our rapidly expanding CX team.
Reporting into the Service Design Lead, you will be part of a rapidly growing team of skilled and experienced Service Designers, UX Designers, UI Designers, Strategy Consultants, Top notch brand designers, Wicked developers, Brand strategists and skilled account managers.
You will work on a varied and wide range of digital and physical commerce and experience projects. This for clients in sectors as diverse as telco, grocery, food, sports apparel, finance, publishing, technology, automotive and home furnishing — so you will have plenty of opportunity to flex your mental muscles, and develop a rich portfolio of projects. Both B2B and B2C worlds are known terrain.
Your core responsibilities will include…
- Working with clients to understand their omnichannel, commerce and service needs and objectives, and design solutions to realise growth
- Evaluating our clients’ existing services in terms of functionality, usability, content, accessibility and usefulness
- Conducting research to uncover customer needs and pain points, and provide evidence-based recommendations to clients and internal teams
- Understanding, analysing and mapping complex journeys and processes that span multiple channels and touchpoints
- Leading design teams from discovery stage through to finished product, with clearly defined processes for each phase
- Facilitating workshops with stakeholders, users and internal teams to unlock problems, shape thinking and achieve alignment
- Producing design artefacts such as personas, prototypes, user journey maps, experience maps and service blueprints
- Applying proven design and innovation methods to uncover new opportunities and develop new products and services
- Supported by lots of training and our own proven methodologies.
You’re a natural problem solver or a ‘curieuzeneus’ as we say in Dutch, who loves getting under the hood of complex problems and using design-thinking methods and techniques to improve consumer experiences.
You are comfortable with ambiguity and know how to apply the methods and processes to take a project from concept, through to value proposition, on to delivered service.
You will have extensive professional experience of service and/or user experience design, having planned, run, and delivered numerous end-to-end omni-channel design projects.
You will be practiced in Lean, Agile and user-centred design processes and ways of working, and you’ll thrive in cross-functional, multi-disciplinary teams.
You have experience planning, implementing, analysing and synthesising outputs from user research.
You will have a strong portfolio of design-thinking projects that demonstrates use of insight, data, technology and commercial know-how to deliver strategic, customer-centred solutions.
You are familiar with innovation tools and frameworks such as Jobs To Be Done, Outcome Driven Innovation, Lean Canvas, Value Proposition Canvas and Business Model Canvas, etc.
You have extensive knowledge of existing and emerging service design tools and methods.
You have exceptional communication skills — you’re confident presenting and justifying design decisions, and can communicate clearly and translate ideas to senior stakeholders and team members. You talk in strong visualisations and feel comfortable designing first sketches /wireframes to get your thinking across.
You flourish in a dynamic fast-paced environment and are always up for a challenge.
You will have a customer-first mindset, with the maturity and initiative to do what it takes keep our clients happy, including some working at client locations. When our clients win – we win!
We need you to be really great at:
- Planning design projects from discovery through to delivery
- Planning, conducting and analysing research
- Defining SD/UX requirements and deliverables
- Designing complex multi-channel user journeys / wireframing
- Journey/experience mapping
- Service blueprinting
- Digital prototyping
- Workshop facilitation
- Presenting and communicating to stakeholders and large teams
- Qualifications or extensive professional experience of innovation, UX or Service Design
- Proficient in English
- Be located in Benelux
If you know any of this even better:
- Experienced in retail and/or e-commerce and/or CRM
- Experience working in a consultancy or agency
- Innovation frameworks and processes
- Value Proposition Design
- Business Model Design
- Behavioural Psychology
- Knowledge of UX/UI principles
- Proficient in French / Dutch
- A competitive salary with fringe benefits
- A team of experienced advertising grandmasters and young prodigies
- A warm and welcoming atmosphere that encourages debate and teamwork
- We are part of the WPP Network, which offers opportunities for your further training and career
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.