Wunderman Thompson Health
Location: Washington, DC, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Wunderman Thompson Health, a division of Wunderman Thompson, works with companies to build world-class healthcare and pharmaceutical brands among medical professionals and consumers, with a transmedia storytelling approach that covers print, digital and television broadcast media, medical education, sales force presentations and managed access strategies.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson Health is seeking a Senior Strategist in our Washington DC office. The Senior Strategist spearheads the strategy and development for marketing initiatives across all interactive and technology-driven applications that meet client marketing and business objectives. The Strategist demonstrates leadership skills, understands key customer and business insights, and drives the correct marketing solutions. The Senior Strategist is highly versed in digital, mobile, and integrated marketing strategies.
What you’ll do:
- Strategic Thinking | Support and identify Strategy & Insights processes related to client projects and business growth through market planning and key research. Support team in analyzing client competitive positioning, messaging, KOL perspectives, and overall communications. Communicate specific strategic objectives with clients. Manage budgets and timeframes across strategic projects. Contribute to client initiatives. Provide support in developing cross-departmental strategy processing with other disciplines. Share important business trends with the team and develop strategy best practices as needed. Foster and promote a team working environment. Attend and/or participate in department overview meetings, mentor programs, and in-house workshops when necessary. Collaborate with Account Management to develop schedules and manage project tasks.
- Research | Manage research resources and drive the collection of inputs into the strategic analysis process. Articulate business benefits, rationale, and intended use of findings. Develop insightful personas to drive targeting; briefs to guide creative development, and over-arching strategy plans to support major marketing initiatives. Communicate quantitative and qualitative research with the team and across the agency.
- Client Relations | Collaborate with Account Management teams to maintain and grow client relationships and manage client expectations. Work with Account Management teams on sell-ins for new project ideas to client and utilize additional agency and network resources.
Who you are:
- A builder | Entrepreneurial attitude coupled with strong business acumen. Ability and appetite to bring people together. Innate ability to marshal people and create gravity around ideas.
- Open and collaborative | Our team is close-knit and supportive and we’re working with a lot of unknowns – you must champion team environments that are comfortable and encouraging.
- Optimistic and resilient | Dig in and figure out how to work around problems. Exemplify a “Yes and why not?” posture. Takes care of self and team. Balance needed to maintain stamina and positivity.
- Ego-less | We all wear the hats that need wearing. It’s a mentality that makes the team successful.
What You’ll Need:
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in marketing strategy or planning in the direct marketing field.
- Marketing experience in one or more industry categories: e.g., pharmaceuticals, health care, retail/services, high-tech, financial services.
- Experience with different channels (e.g., B2B or Broad Consumer programs).
- Excellent knowledge of online research techniques.
- Advanced competencies in Microsoft Office and Internet environments.
- Ability to scope projects accurately, prioritize time well and juggle multiple projects effectively.
- Ability to communicate coherently and sensitively with clients, vendors, and staff members.
- Excellent writing, verbal, presentation, and consensus-building skills.
- Intuitive and analytical approach to problem-solving.
- Ability to organize people, projects, and information.
- Ability to offer proactive solutions and ensure successful progression without guidance.
- Ability to mentor and provide leadership across departments in a team and matrix environment.
- Ability to exhibit client service approach with results-driven performance.
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.