Wunderman Thompson Health
Location: Saint Louis, MO, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Wunderman Thompson Health, a division of Wunderman Thompson, works with companies to build world-class healthcare and pharmaceutical brands among medical professionals and consumers, with a transmedia storytelling approach that covers print, digital and television broadcast media, medical education, sales force presentations and managed access strategies.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson Health is seeking a Campaign Specialist to join the team in our St. Louis, MO office. The Campaign Specialist role develops the skills, training, relationships and mindset to become an effective Campaign Manager. This person is responsible for assisting with the development of campaign-specific media strategies for Wunderman Thompson Health clients. The role requires an individual who is familiar with the direct response channel and is eager to learn to develop, measure, and optimize integrated, omnichannel campaigns.
What you’ll do:
- Manage | Possess a full understanding of campaign goals and assist with the development, execution, and measurement of campaign media plans. Develop data requests at the direction of the Campaign Strategist and Campaign Manager. Manage internal expectations. Aid in gathering of campaign performance reporting and analysis and provide to internal team members.
- Process | Review and traffic proofs and creative versions to internal teams and clients as directed. Translate media and mail plans to List Pull Matrix and coordinate with Data Operations. Adhere to client brand standards, asset guides, and disclaimer requirements. Adhere to CMS requirements.
- Channel Setup | Define seminar strategies and QC client data. Load the Event and Sales Market set-up. Maintain tracking spreadsheets for TFN and URL tracking codes. Create DP forms. Create CRFs.
Who you are:
- A builder | Entrepreneurial attitude coupled with strong business acumen. Ability and appetite to bring people together. Innate ability to marshal people and create gravity around ideas. Fosters and promotes a team working environment. Attend sand/or participate in department overview meetings, mentor programs, and in-house workshops when necessary.
- Open and collaborative | Our team is close-knit and supportive and we’re working with a lot of unknowns – you must champion of team environments that are comfortable and encouraging.
- Channel Expert | Proactive learner. Possess understanding of direct channel. Demonstrate excellent communication skills and ability to ask for help. Demonstrate strong organizational and project management skills. Able to multi-task and effectively take direction in an ever-changing, fast-paced environment.
- Ego-less | We all wear the hats that need wearing, it’s a mentality that makes the team successful.
What you’ll need:
- Minimum of 2 years of related industry experience.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.