Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Our continued drive to expand and provide world class services within the digital marketing arena, has created the need for a Marketing Technology Solutions Engineer to work remotely or work in an office if the candidate is located near one. This resource is to work with clients in the western U.S., so candidates will live in the Pacific or Mountain time zones. The Marketing Technology Solutions Engineer will work directly with clients as well as other Acceleration team members to deliver solutions to unique business problems by leveraging experience and knowledge. The ideal candidate would have a background technical application across multiple disciplines including application development, web development, mobile and databases. This experience should also ideally include on premise as well as cloud-based applications.
- Participate in discovery, requirements gathering, workshops, client interviews for project scoping and solution design.
- Technical assessment with client’s IT personnel to understand broader technical eco-system
- Collaborate in architecting high level technical solutions in collaboration with the client and internal teams
- Engage with Implementation Consultants, Technical Producers, Deployment Consultants and Project Managers and work with clients on the following type of Email Marketing engagements:
- Scripting and Query development
- Data mapping and extract strategies
- Relational Data / Data Schema
- Web Services and API development
- Custom Reporting, custom application development projects
- HTML creation for webpages and emails
- Webpage builds using jQuery framework
- Leverage the native and other scripting languages (within SFMC) to deliver highly dynamic and personalized content in both emails and landing pages (AMPScript and XSLT)
- Delivery of the final solution or assigned modules to deliver the final solution
- Technical support for the implementation of solutions
- Validating and auditing of solutions to ensure they conform to the solution design
- Technical qualification: Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or similar would be advantageous
- Experience of a broad range of online marketing technologies essential – Search, Ad-serving, Email, Mobile, Web Analytics, Testing / Targeting technologies, Tag Management Systems etc.
- Marketing technology in preferably some of the popular technology stacks including Salesforce Marketing Cloud and Adobe Product Suite (Adobe Analytics, Adobe Campaign, Test&Target) will be a plus.
- Experience integrating Google Analytics or other tracking tools to gather basic usage and behavioural statistics
- Proven project management experience
- Adept at technical writing
- Knowledge of various server-based technologies and languages advantageous, including how various web-delivery systems (web servers) and CMS systems function. This includes knowledge of Java, J2EE, .Net or PHP
- Debugging Proxy (Charles/Fiddler)
Wunderman Thompson is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and to attracting and retaining the most qualified employees regardless of race, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, age or disability. We rely on legitimate interest as a legal basis for processing personal information under the GDPR for purposes of recruitment and applications for employment.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.