Client Finance Analyst
Client Finance Analyst
Location: Boston, MA, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson is seeking a Client Finance Analyst who will manage a portfolio of clients with daily functions including analytical reporting and special projects as assigned. The key focus will be to support accurate revenue recognition, forecasting and audit documenting, while collaborating closely with the CFO and central finance team. This role will promote a team environment across the organization, and exhibit traits of dependability, independence, and effectiveness.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate | Meet with internal & external client finance and Account/Project Management teams for job analysis. Work closely with CFO and Sr. Client Finance Manager for monthly audits and revenue reporting.
- Understand the work | Secure client funding, allocate funding to the various markets, and work with PM, clients, and statements of work to ensure we are accurately billing the clients each month. Ensure that all regional markets are in balance while maintaining all backup for audit purposes and revenue recognition files.
- Maintain security | Maintains strictest level of security and confidentiality of all company and client records.
- Develop the process | Creates and maintains accounting processes and procedures to uphold accurate accounting practices and reporting.
Who you are:
- Relationship-builder | Strong interpersonal skills to work with variety of people throughout company.
- Motivated | Able to work independently and has the drive and urgency critical for managing deadlines with competing priorities.
- Ego-less | We all wear the hats that need wearing, it’s a mentality that makes the team successful.
- Detail-oriented | Keen attention to detail and accuracy of data.
- Agile | Ability to work in a fast-paced and changing environment.
- Multi-faceted | Solid technical, analytical and problem-solving skills.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance preferred
- Finance accounting experience required
- Revenue Recognition experience preferred
- Audit experience preferred
- SOX experience preferred
- Ability to understand and create formulas for use in computerized programs
- Solid technical, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Intermediate Excel skills
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.