VP, Program Management and Operations
VP, Program Management and Operations
Department: Project Management & Delivery
Location: Seattle, WA, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson is seeking for a VP, Program Management & Operations with a breadth and depth of expertise to champion omnichannel work across multiple workstreams with a focus on the customer at the center on a key account, Microsoft.
To be successful in this role, you must possess agency experience in integrated marketing, building digital experiences and creating compelling content. You must have a strong creative sensibility, a genuine interest in user-centered design, and a hands-on understanding of content production for all channels.
In this role, you will be responsible for overall Microsoft project health with a focus on: profitability, delivery, risk mitigation and resolution across a network of offices all scoped to the work. As well as building, developing and maintaining a strong project management approach across all workstreams within the Microsoft breadth.
You must have the ability to maintain the broad vision required for executing a project, including strategic thinking and leadership from beginning to end, as well as the talent for overseeing all the small details that add up to fulfilling our commitment to client satisfaction and project requirements.
What you'll do:
- Process | Establish and manage program communication and process. You will be responsible for setting up appropriate structure and tools to ensure successful collaboration and engagement across Microsoft client teams. Provide innovative operational planning, including the setup of new programs and restructure of existing programs as needed to optimize processes and achieve efficiency goals.
- Financials | Focus is on delivery, execution, profitability, and client satisfaction of signed work. Secondary focus is on sales, revenue, and strategy. Partner with the finance team to develop a consistent profitability and utilization view across Microsoft. Drive reporting all up, per location and per workstream.
- Lead | Lead the Project Management discipline for Microsoft, and work with regional PM leads on account staffing across multiple offices working on Microsoft. Lead teams to deliver target key performance indicators (revenue, margin, utilization, client satisfaction, internal team satisfaction, quality).
- Collaborate | Partner with SVP, Global Account lead and SVP, Strategic Growth to ensure Microsoft account profitability via strategic rates, staffing plan, tracking and approving project expenses, ensuring billing and invoices, ensuring project change notices and internal write-offs are communicated and justified, and working with PMs to ensure all project must haves are delivered consistently. Partner with leadership team to grow revenue and define strategic vision of Microsoft and pitch and sell in new opportunities.
- Client Facing | Define and communicate Account/Project expectations to Microsoft, team members and oversee the process from assessment and definition, creative & technical design, production and development, testing through launch. Billable oversight should utilize 25% of time.
- Best Practices | Drive, optimize, and train Outthinking and PM Best Practices in the PM Group in Seattle. Represent the PM discipline in agency decision making and promote the facilitation of cross-discipline team partnerships to bring integration and depth to our work.
Who you are:
- A builder | Process-oriented and an innovator with a strong point of view and distinct voice. Ability and appetite to create and bring people together and inspire solutions.
- Optimistic, open and collaborative | Our team is close-knit and supportive and we’re working with a lot of unknowns – you must be an advocate of environments that are comfortable with ambiguity, positive and encourage collaboration.
- Ego-less | We all wear the hats that need wearing, it’s a mentality that makes the team successful.
What you'll need:
- Minimum of 8 years of hands-on project leadership experience in advertising or marketing communications in a client-facing role, ideally at a creative agency or similar.
- Proven track record in driving creative solutions and digital content creation.
- Knowledge of social and mobile content creation and requirements for different channels.
- Customer experience and journey mapping, e-commerce, retail and consumer brand marketing experience are highly desired. Good understanding of emerging web standards, user-centered design (UX/UI), optimization and search practices.
- Experience working on large-scale integrated, omnichannel programs with multiple parallel work streams and diverse teams (UX, Tech, Strategy, Creative, Account, Research and Data) across remote offices.
- High EQ and the ability to read what a team needs to help motivate them.
- Self-motivated and driven to build and create great work.
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.