Location: Seattle, WA, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson is seeking a Production Designer for our Seattle office. Are you passionate about production, a maker at heart, and thrive on packaging up ideas into their final form? As Production Designer, you’ll take on designs during the final stages of development to ensure accuracy and prepare them for print or digital publication, adhering to the high-quality standards of Wunderman Thompson. You’re a maker, a typographer, and visual perfectionist who thrives on file organization. You are driven to perfect ideas with your technical skills.
What you’ll do:
- Craft | Produce digital and print mechanicals from spec sheets to final production. Review graphics, layouts and fonts for accuracy before products are completed. Finalize design and create templates, prep for final file delivery.
- Collaborate | Work closely with the team to define design requirements and project workflow.
- Execute | Source images for comps as communicated by the Art Director. Scanning, digital photography, and image manipulation for comp work.
- Support | Support design team in creating design extensions for creative campaigns. Apply broad knowledge of production skills, project workflows, file management to work with minimal supervision.
Who you are:
- Optimistic and resilient | You are not afraid to dig in and figure out how to work around problems. You embrace challenges and inspire new ways of thinking.
- Curious | You have a breadth of cultural reference points. You stay current with social trends and best practices and incorporate insights into your design.
- Passionate | You love clean and functional design, and socially-driven content creation.
- Independent | You manage and prioritize within timelines for project milestones and to see projects through.
- Ego-less | We all wear the hats that need wearing, it’s a mentality that makes the team successful.
What you’ll need:
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as production designer in a comparable environment.
- Portfolio demonstrating digital / B2B / emerging media executions.
- In-depth knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, PowerPoint, Google Suite, and Sketch.
- Basic understanding of the capabilities of HTML and web browsers.
- Familiarity with and/or personal use of popular social platforms.
- Deep knowledge of production specs, resolution and file formatting.
- Strong typography skills; designing presentations, fitting and kerning copy.
- A passion for details, with impeccably-organized digital files.
- Ability to handle a high-volume environment with rapid turnaround times and manage multiple tasks and project details.
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.