Senior Experience Strategist
Senior Experience Strategist
Location: Toronto, Canada
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson is seeking for a Senior Experience Strategist to join our team creating complete customer experiences for an automotive client. Reporting to the VP, Strategy & Experience you will play an essential role in user research, experience strategy development and experience design.
What you’ll do:
- Discover | Conduct primary and secondary research to identify needs, gather requirements and craft personas and journeys.
- Develop | Collaborate in the development of product (i.e. web, app, service, and voice). Complete customer experience strategies at the intersection of consumer, business needs and technology.
- Design | Bring the experience strategy to life through artifacts and UX outputs. Demonstrate thinking and iterate features, interactions, layouts etc.
- Lead | Take ownership of the product strategy. Recommend short-term optimizations along with new features and innovations. Balance short-term needs with building the long-term vision.
Who you are:
- Thought-leader | A visionary with the ability and appetite to bring people together. You organize teams and create gravity around ideas.
- Champion of Experience | Innovative approach coupled with strong technical knowledge. An imaginative and inspired experience designer who follows ethical standards.
- Optimistic and curious | Dig in and figure out how to work around problems, asking "why not" and "how can we make this better?".
- Open and collaborative | We are supportive and working with a lot of unknowns - you must champion encouraging team environments.
What you'll need:
- 7+ years of experience in customer/user experience design.
- Portfolio of work across multiple categories building a range of experiences and products.
- Knowledge and know-how of design systems and libraries to create solutions.
- Experience partnering or individually performing best-in-class heuristic analysis, content audits etc.
- Skillful at visualizing the flow and structure of the content and organizing it for easy user navigation.
- Understanding of modern technologies and marketing technology stacks (i.e. CMS, CRM, paid and owned media), personalization, and commerce.
- Understanding of UX-based tools: Invision, Sketch, Figma, Adobe XD/Adobe suite, Marvel, Miro, and Principle.
- Skillful at documenting and presenting thinking to a broad range of agency and client partners.
- Experience working in a team or collaborative environment.
- Understanding of accessibility standards (i.e. WCAG, AODA) and how to apply them to experience design and ability to conduct accessibility audits.
- Knowledge of Service Design, design systems, and Agile methodology.
Wunderman Thompson welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in the selection process.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.