Location: Toronto, Canada
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson is seeking for a Copywriter to work in partnership with an Art Director and alongside strategists, account leads and producers. Reporting to the Executive Creative Director, you will develop engaging creative work throughout the entire customer journey to grow our clients' brands.
Please include a link to your portfolio along with your resume.
What you’ll do:
- Innovate | Take ownership of briefs and demonstrate a clear understanding of client objectives.
- Craft | Develop concepts and copy based on agreed brief with a focus on social media and website writing. Draft copy for presentations and business pitches.
- Collaborate | Build trust and respect with assigned clients and interpret their business needs. Guide clients toward fresh ideas. Partner with production teams to execute creative ideas.
Who you are:
- Creatively Brave | Passionate about the power of creativity with the knowledge to identify and nurture the best ideas. Adapt to solve clients' challenges.
- Curious | Ask questions. Dig in and figure out how to work around problems.
- Supportive | We all wear the hats that need wearing, it's a mentality that makes the team successful.
What you’ll need:
- 3+ years of copywriting experience required; experience in a creative/digital agency an asset.
- An inherent understanding of the role copywriting plays in helping clients achieve their goals.
- Experience writing copy across all social media platforms.
- Experience with long-form writing (i.e., direct mail, email) and ideating in the social media space.
- Skillful at crafting and presenting compelling points of view to support recommendations to clients and team members.
- Experience working on multiple projects, seamlessly switching from one to another.
Wunderman Thompson welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in the selection process.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.