Digital Project Manager
Digital Project Manager
Department: Project Management & Delivery
Location: Austin, TX, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson is seeking a savvy Project Manager who can plan and direct our digital campaigns—from start to finish. This person will manage the execution of the tactical plan agreed upon by the client including coordination of internal and external resources, timelines, and team communication. In addition, the Project Manager promotes and ensures that project management standards such as tools, milestones and approvals are utilized and followed. An effective problem-solver on a day-to-day basis, the Project Manager must be adept at anticipating problems and recognizing opportunities in a fast-paced environment.
What you’ll do:
- Plan | Understand the strategy and ideas for a project to facilitate the organization of those concepts into a clear framework throughout the project life cycle. Develop clear and detailed project timelines, dependencies, milestones and tasks for concurrent projects. Ensure requirements are synchronized within capabilities for given resources and roles are defined for each stakeholder. Translate and communicate data into actionable items.
- Manage | Monitor the day-to-day management of projects from initiation through implementation and deployment. Consistently demonstrate active problem resolution in order to ensure smooth project process and resolve schedule conflicts. Lead effective client calls and internal meetings complete with agendas and documented next steps/key decisions. Ensure change orders are completed for unapproved work. Manage all project financials. Uphold quality control standards and process both for project management and for those set within the agency.
- Partner | Collaborate with discipline leads, account and project management to support development of scope of work based on functional and business requirements. Actively engage the Account Team regarding deliverables and timing expectations to support a balanced workload for the agency. Communicate status of project to the team and client on a regular basis. Ensure alignment for internal and external stakeholders. Provide leadership to the account team in a matrix environment including conflict resolution and problem solving.
Who you are:
- Leader | Influences without authority and fosters an environment of shared accountability. Drives projects from ambiguity to clarity. “In it together” mindset.
- Builder | Navigates strong collaboration between people, processes and systems.
- Detail Oriented | Sharp attention to detail and a drive for perfection.
- Communicator | Able to communicate succinctly with a large range of positions, people, personalities and roles both internal and external.
What you’ll need:
- A minimum of 2 years project management experience or traffic coordination, preferably in an agency environment with paid media.
- Must have strong leadership skills with the ability to lead project team members, demonstrating strong interpersonal skills; manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Capacity to understand dynamics of multi-discipline teams and resolve team-related issues that could impact deliverables.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple concurrent tasks/projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment and deliver quality results.
- Experience using a project management tool or system to schedule deliverables, tasks, etc.
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.