Account Executive (Field, Remote)
Account Executive (Field, Remote)
Department: Client Services
Location: Chicago, IL, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson Atlanta is seeking an Account Executive in a field marketing role supporting one of our top national accounts in the country. The Account Executive will be part of a District Team, working from a home office in the designated field location and reporting remotely to the Atlanta office. The role includes but is not limited to daily client contact and remote integration with Wunderman Thompson's Atlanta teams, as well as correspondence with Agency District Team counterparts.
The Account Executive will deliver full agency capabilities and solutions to our client out of Chicago, IL, establishing local marketing priorities, assisting in the development and execution of yearly District plans, and implementing steps to achieve deliverables for the agency and the client, both on time and in budget. Overall, the Account Executive’s role is to provide support to the local client in order to meet business challenges and goals.
This is a remote field opportunity with occasional travel to our client in Chicago. We are open to candidates working in the general area as well as other cities in Illinois and surrounding states.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate | Participate in client activities, both on an as-required basis and in conjunction with agency-recommended or pro-active opportunities to increase brand knowledge, client culture immersion or business development. Act as the primary client, agency and partner contact for field & local level operations at the District level.
- See the Big Picture | Track and assess the budget allocated to the local District for all marketing and advertising efforts. Maintain awareness and knowledge of national level programs and initiatives in order to educate local District clients of all brand activity.
- Bridge the Gap | Provide data/measurement reports with analysis to help our client identify trends and opportunities. Conduct training sessions with both small and large groups of clients as requested.
- Translate Ideas into Action | Maintain accuracy and clarity of any written document, including creative and production briefs, conference reports, and marketing plans before submission to agency leadership and the client.
Who you are:
- A Strong Communicator | Capable of creating and delivering presentations, both internally to agency leadership, peers, and colleagues across departments, and externally to clients. Responsible for the accuracy and clarity of any written document, including creative and production briefs, conference reports and marketing plans, before submission to agency leadership and the client.
- Detail Oriented | Oversees completion of all projects and assignments, ensuring strategic/brand integrity, while partnering with all necessary agency disciplines to ensure optimal distribution of resources, timeliness, accuracy, budget and government compliance.
- Innovator | Conversant in all media types, including the ability to understand and integrate diverse media vehicles to deliver a brand message to the client’s consumer base.
- Ego-less | We all wear the hats that need wearing- it’s a mentality that makes the team successful.
What You'll Need:
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in advertising or related marketing experience.
- Self-motivated/demonstrated pattern of initiative and independent thought.
- Proactive in dealing with challenges head on and in compliance with company policy.
- Excellent people and management skills, team-oriented with a strong attitude to succeed.
- Detail-oriented and well organized.
- Understanding of steps necessary to complete each stage of a job through all agency departments in order to deliver all aspects of a project on time and successfully.
- Ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing.
- Experience working remotely, without in-person daily supervision, and across various time zones.
- Position will eventually require up to 50% travel at the busiest periods.
- Writing samples may be requested after initial interview.
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.