Assistant Account Executive / IMsci
Assistant Account Executive / IMsci
Department: Client Services
Location: Stamford, CT, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
International Meetings and Science (IMsci), a division of Wunderman Thompson Health, works with companies to build world-class healthcare and pharmaceutical brands among medical professionals and consumers, with a transmedia storytelling approach that covers medical education strategies.
Who we are looking for:
International Meetings and Science (IMsci), a division of Wunderman Thompson Health, is seeking an Assistant Account Executive to join the team in our Stamford, CT office. As an Assistant Account Executive you will provide support to one or more account teams by executing project-related tasks under the direction of a supervisor. You may work on multiple account teams, with different managers, and for various clients/brands. This position will allow you to learn more about medical education and will serve as a training ground for project management.
What you’ll do:
- Support | Assist in preparation of project timelines and status reports. Schedule internal and client meetings. Assist senior members of the team to ensure all deliverables and client needs are met. Volunteer to help other work groups to get important/rush projects completed for the good of the company. Communicate regularly with team and internal support teams regarding the status of projects. Inform supervisor of any situation that could positively or negatively impact the account. Show an openness to learning by proactively researching the therapeutic categories you work in, asking questions of team members, and looking for new opportunities.
- Manage | Upload projects and monitor responses in client review system (i.e., Veeva, Zinc). Interact with and schedule services provided by outside vendors. Adhere to all internal processes (i.e., server filing, status reports and tracking, client communication documents, timesheet submission, editorial submissions, etc.). Understand the need to accurately book time and complete timesheets.
- Create | Traffic materials for editorial review. Save key documents to the server. Learn about medical education projects and how to successfully execute them.
Who you are:
- Open and Collaborative | Our team is close-knit and supportive, and we’re working with a lot of unknowns – you must champion team environments that are comfortable and encouraging.
- Problem solver | Ensure quality control by reviewing agency products including: creative work, key client communications, key schedules, creative strategies, and strategic decks. Assist with day-to-day problem-solving by providing guidance to freelancers and raise issues and solutions to senior team. Dig in and figure out how to work around problems.
- Ego-less | We all wear the hats that need wearing, it’s a mentality that makes the team successful.
What you’ll need:
- A minimum of 1 year of advertising or related experience.
- Demonstrated experience working as part of a fast-paced team.
- Good computer skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word, Microsoft Teams).
- Curiosity about the medical education/communication business.
- Willingness to learn.
- Excellent interpersonal and listening skills.
- Exercises sound judgment; asks questions.
- Manages time effectively and good multi-tasker.
- Strong professional work ethic.
- Displays a willingness to work overtime, travel, and attend off-hour events, etc.
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.