Digital Business Director
Digital Business Director
Department: Client Services
Location: London, United Kingdom
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
What you’ll be doing:
The Business Director takes full ownership for the success of some of our most important client partnerships. You own senior client relationships, oversee complex programmes of work and have a firm grasp on their commercials. You lead your teams and clients with excellent communication and collaboration skills at all times.
Armed with your experience and ability to strategically advise and inspire you drive our clients business forward, help them grow and of course, produce work to be proud of.
You will work closely with the Client Partner in particular, to understand and shape your clients’ strategy, identify areas of opportunity and devise growth plans. You also oversee, manage and mentor one or multiple more junior team members and the financial management of your accounts.
- You will be responsible for working across two or three main clients, with a specific focus on product delivery (Tech, UX and Design) partnering closely with project leads as well as discipline leads to manage the successful delivery of programmes of work and growth opportunities.
- Creating superb client relationship - you will own key senior client relationships, both existing and potential. You will lead the development of you accounts, develop growth plans with the Client Partner and become a trusted strategic partner to senior stakeholders in each of the brands in your portfolio.
- Delivering excellence at all time - you will be responsible for empowering the team to deliver a best in class experience to a high-profile client base. You will motivate and inspire your team and the wider agency, as a key role with accountability as part of the team for the work we deliver. Understanding and managing client’s expectations, challenges and potential solutions to the teams running client projects. Ensuring constant innovation across our existing accounts and working closely with all teams to ensure this is happing at a micro level as well as macro.
- Taking commercial responsibility - you will be responsible for managing revenue and profitability across your client programme in close collaboration with the Client Partner, commercial and delivery teams. You support commercial negotiations on a project and programme level and are always knowledgeable on the financial status of your client initiatives. You surface any barriers and resource dependencies and pro-actively manage performance against targets.
- Managing challenges and resolutions - when challenges arise across the portfolio, you are both escalation point as well as escalating further when required, tackling challenges head on, presenting clients and agency leadership with well-considered solutions and managing the communication with the client, or agency leaders to resolve. You feel empowered to implement ongoing improvements and share best practice with your peers.
- Making work to be proud of - you will collaborate closely with all client teams to ensure we deliver best solution to the clients business problem, championing the work internally and externally.
- Supporting wider Client Services Team - you will have line management responsibility within the team. Being part of a team dynamic that people want to be part of a clear vision and direction for the clients business, the standards that you set and at all time push for excellence for clients, while acting as a point of escalation for junior team members.
Who you are:
- You have a passion for products and services - you will have extensive experience of creating and building digital products and services within an agency environment.
- You're strategic and smart but also operational - understanding the vision for your accounts and know how to execute against it. Adept at unearthing client’s challenges you will be able to go into their business, gain respect and understanding and look at opportunities to both grow our relationship and provide a better experience, bring everyone on the journey with you.
- You're solutions focused - you work well under pressure, keeping your cool when challenges arise and looking for resolutions. Not afraid to make the case for what you believe in, you speak convincingly and know how to get people excited about the work we do, and the opportunities ahead.
- You're a team player - we do everything we can to deliver the best experiences for our clients. That means developing deep and honest relationships with them, becoming trusted advisors, whilst inspiring and leading a client team of multi-disciplinary experts at times in multiple locations on projects to deliver on our commitments, and ensure everything we do exceeds expectations.
- You're a clear communicator - you will have a great communication style, as comfortable leading a workshop or pitching a proposal to senior leaders and mentoring internal members of the team in the basics of client services, everything you do will have clear outcomes, next steps and bring people on the journey with you.
What we can offer you:
We don’t settle for people who can just do the job, we look for people that go beyond that and always push our thinking to be better than yesterday. We believe that this is what makes our agency a great place to be – a space where you’re never far away from the best minds to learn from.
We want you to be comfortable and proud every day of the week and have created an open and inclusive environment where you can bring your whole self to work. We don’t want you to just fit into our culture, we want your uniqueness and diversity of background to add to it and make this an agency where we all have a real sense of belonging and purpose. We are a community.
Our focus is on keeping teams connected and engaged whether we're in the office or working from home, putting people’s wellbeing first, ensuring every person has access to our learning and development programme and building an inclusive workplace. We have a weekly ‘Staying Connected Calendar’ which is full to the brim of training you can get involved in, inspiration sessions hosted by external partners to check out and wellbeing classes and tips and tricks to look after your mind, body and soul. From yoga, Pilates, HIIT, hypnotherapy, a Strava cycling group, 1:1 resilience sessions and trained mental health first aiders. To name a few. Within our office we have a dedicated wellness studio and this year we built a brand new learning lab. Here we host weekly lunchtime lessons that supports iLearn, our learning & development portal home to 100s of sessions for you to access. We're also committed to building an inclusive, equitable and diverse workforce driven by our Inclusion Council and Employee Resource Groups; Roots, Green, Unite, Women @ WT, Families Network and culture club.
Your career development is important to us. Thrive will provide you with the framework and support needed to reach your career aspirations. There really is no shortage of opportunities here for the right person that is prepared to roll their sleeves up, get involved and collaborate with those around them to deliver the best work for our clients and our agency.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.