Broadcast & Media Traffic Manager
Broadcast & Media Traffic Manager
Wunderman Thompson Health
Department: Media Services
Location: Washington, DC, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Wunderman Thompson Health, a division of Wunderman Thompson, works with companies to build world-class healthcare and pharmaceutical brands among medical professionals and consumers, with a transmedia storytelling approach that covers print, digital and television broadcast media, medical education, sales force presentations and managed access strategies.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson Health is seeking a Broadcast & Media Traffic Manager in our Washington, DC office. The Broadcast & Media Traffic Manager will be responsible for the management and maintenance of the daily operations of the Traffic and Clearance functions for Broadcast networks/local stations, distribution vendors (more on that below), and networks, while ensuring quality control.
What you’ll do:
- Traffic | Manage the trafficking of all needed materials for Linear TV, Terrestrial Radio spots airing on various platforms (Networks/Local Stations/VOD/Addressable/Terrestrial Radio, etc.). Create/generate Traffic Instructions and Distribution orders. Manage all commercial continuity processes, as well as workflows between commercial delivery services. Manage all Network, Syndicated and Local stations program changes and workflow to ensure that all planned media is executed for air. Create, assign and manage Ad-ID Codes for creative.
- Collaborate | Liaison and point-of-escalation contact between media agency and internal teams for incorrectly booked media and spots airing incorrectly.
- Research & Review | Research and analyze discrepancies to provide expedient resolutions. Review agency & client creative for potential clearance concerns and submit to Linear/Radio partners. Review, research and resolve Billing discrepancies.
Who you are:
- Dedicated | Possessing a curious mindset. A highly motivated individual that is passionate about driving media success across the portfolio. Able to absorb and understand reports and apply media knowledge in order to recommend potential optimizations.
- Detail-oriented | An eye for detail, someone who can see both the big picture and the small picture, highly organized, with strong retention skills. Ability to multi-task across a variety of projects at various stages of development
- Excellent communicator | Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to tailor your message to a specific audience. Able to clearly communicate project status, required steps, or roadblocks to internal and external stakeholders.
What You’ll Need:
- Minimum of 3 years media/advertising traffic experience.
- Experience managing broadcast media placement,
- Experienced at managing media plans and flowcharts in Excel, creating client-facing decks in PowerPoint, and communicating media strategy, approach, and optimizations.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.