Location: Austin, TX, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson is seeking a Senior Strategist to join our Strategy & Planning team in Austin. Our Strategy & Planning team brings together brand, business, market, and customer perspectives to identify opportunities for our clients, set priorities, and define a path forward. We create strategic plans for brand communications, marketing programs, and digital experiences, all fueled by customer research, our own proprietary data, and keeping an ever-present pulse on culture.
The Senior Strategist will be capable of owning strategy projects from their ambiguous beginnings through to their execution and delivery with notable independence, with supervision from their department lead and strong partnership with their client services colleagues. Strategy roles at Wunderman Thompson are unique in their blend of brand strategy thinking, communications planning, and digital strategy. You will partner with a wide array of capabilities, not just creative, including marketing technologists, data strategists, media specialists, and more.
This particular Senior Strategist will be a critical contributor to our Dell account (a longstanding client relationship) – a tremendous platform for growth through exposure and experiences. You’ll gain the invaluable experience of working on a global business, a technology leader, and a business that crosses B2C and B2B, all while working in partnership with our partner agencies inside WPP. It’s important to note that this role is primarily focused on the lower-funnel marketing efforts that convert customers after the marketing efforts of partner agencies have succeeded in upper-funnel marketing efforts. As such, much of this work will entail communications planning efforts in digital channels like display and email, coupled with establishing additional retention efforts. Beyond Dell, this person will also have many opportunities to contribute significantly to new business pitches.
What you’ll do:
- Uncover | You’ll uncover insights by seeking out the truths of our customers’ lives, the shifts of our cultural landscape, and the dynamics of our client’s category through secondary research. You’ll weave your findings into narratives that frame the problem and identify the opportunity in a way that clients and agency teams can rally behind.
- Steer | As the steward of our client’s brand and business, you’ll define opportunities for their brand to add value to their audience’s lives. In most projects, you will guide how the brand should present (e.g. campaigns, lifecycle marketing, communications planning), while in others, you will guide how the brand should behave (e.g. digital experiences, products, platforms). You’ll earn your colleagues’ trust through your voice of clarity and collaboration, and you’ll earn your clients’ trust through consistent dialog and proactive thinking.
- Create | You’ll create strategic frameworks, marketing programs, and communications plans. But because the lifeblood of our agency is inspiration, you’ll also curate the best of innovation, cultural trends, and creative work from around the world. Interpreting what’s evolving, you’ll make meaning out of it for your clients and colleagues.
Who you are:
- A listener | Your thoughtfulness begins with seeking out other people’s perspectives – be it clients, customers, or colleagues.
- A learner | You enter this role wanting to expand your skillset, embracing the power of data and technology.
- A doer | You create things. Instead of just philosophizing, you make plans to take action on your strategies.
- A partner | You acknowledge your strategies are only as effective as the work that pays them off. You partner with creators, working hand in hand to shape our outputs.
What you’ll need:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a creative agency, digital agency, or research environment with a minimum of 3 years of client-facing experience
- Experience with the details of lower-funnel marketing efforts aimed at conversion and retention
- Experience working in technology or other technical industries is preferred
- Client service mentality
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.