Chief Talent Officer, MENA
Chief Talent Officer, MENA
Location: Wunderman Thompson MENA,
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Chief Talent Officer – Middle East & North Africa
The recent merger between Wunderman & JWT has created a new presence in the market, Wunderman Thompson. This, along with acquisitions over the last few years has strengthened our digital capabilities, allowing us to offer our clients digital transformation and a wider consultancy offering, it has also made us the largest Opco within WPP. The combination of mergers and acquisitions has resulted in Wunderman Thompson reaching 750 employees across different countries in MENA.
As we embark on our journey of transformation, we are looking for a dynamic and strategic Chief Talent Officer, with extensive MENA experience within high growth, change management environments, to lead and drive the ambitious People program for Wunderman Thompson.
Reporting to the MENA CEO and the EMEA Chief Talent Officer; the MENA Talent Officer will provide strategic advice and counsel to support business operations and talent related initiatives for Wunderman Thompson. Based in Dubai, you will lead, direct and manage forward thinking talent initiatives that mirror the strategic business objectives of the region and the global talent agenda.
- Understand the business expansion plans and guide the setup of new locations/consolidated markets within the region
- Identify, diagnose, and work with leaders to address key workforce issues such as retention, performance management and differentiation, employee readiness, overall manager capability, and other talent and organizational priorities.
- Provides day-to-day collaboration and support on all types of employee relations issues and works promptly with key partners to resolve conflict, mitigate associate and organizational risk, and maintain high levels of performance and retention.
- Partner with key stakeholders to ascertain and increase employee and team performance levels through timely execution of performance coaching, corrective action and quality completion of the performance management process.
- Administers enterprise-wide and local HR policies and procedures; strong knowledge of all local employment laws; appropriately partners with internal Legal team to ensure policies comply with local law; delivers training to managers and employees as appropriate to ensure understanding and compliance with policies.
- Support regional agency-wide initiatives such as performance management, leadership development, compensation, engagement surveys and HR policies and procedures.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Success in people management, including attraction, assessment/hiring, development, and performance management
- Proven track record of building and implementing high-quality development strategies and solutions
- Strong analytical capability to identify systems strengths and weaknesses, and drive for continuous improvement
- Organization Development expertise, including organizational diagnostics, org structure alignment to business requirements, and change management expertise
- Demonstrated change agent with the ability to communicate and navigate change from both the global and regional levels.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.