Location: London, United Kingdom
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
We are looking for a Midweight Designer with a broad range of skills across advertising, direct marketing and digital with a passion for engaging people through beautifully-crafted design. This role is an amazing opportunity for someone who is excited about working for a leading global agency whilst working across a range of high-profile clients.
You’ll work alongside a team of fellow designers, with a range of integrated skillsets from, and report into a senior/lead designer. Ideally, you’ll have worked in an agency environment and be familiar with the pace of the day-to-day. You should be a highly collaborative person and enjoy working with your fellow teammates in design, project management, client services and creative teams. When faced with a challenge, you do so with a proactive “can-do” attitude. You will have experience working across a variety of clients alongside developing and honing your skills through your personal work.
We are looking for someone who has a passion for working across big-name brands and can deliver inspiring work that not only elevates brand guidelines, but delivers award-winning work.
What you’ll be doing
- Working across an array of high-profile clients on a wide variety of design projects
- Working as part of a team in conjunction with project managers, account directors, creative directors and experience designers
- Creating work that inspires and wins awards
- Make the case for what you believe in, always advocating for people.
- Get involved in workshops and presentations, developing relationships and working towards good outcomes.
- Be an expert, continually learning about people, design and technology, helping colleagues improve their design practice.
- Role model positive, progressive ways of working with all areas of the business – facilitating an environment to deliver quality at pace.
- Stay stubbornly curious.
Who we’re looking for
- A portfolio demonstrating conceptual ideas and strong design skills
- Proficiency across Adobe Creative Suite. A bonus are programmes like Sketch and Figma
- Knowledge of design processes, methodologies, accessibility standards and best practice
- Strong knowledge of branding and respecting brand guidelines
- The ability to work under pressure and keeping cool when deadlines change. Having experience with working in an agency environment is beneficial, but not a requirement.
- Someone who can work autonomously as well as in a team
- A curious mindset and the hunger to learn
- Be detail oriented and passionate about design as a craft
- A proactive attitude to finding solutions
- Take pride in seeing the work through to completion
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.