B2B Technical Content Marketing Writer - Contract
B2B Technical Content Marketing Writer - Contract
Location: Seattle, WA, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson seeks an experienced B2B Tech Content Marketing Writer (contractor) to craft assignment-specific, mostly long-form copy for e-books, infographics, interactive tools, whitepapers, and other assets that describe the features and benefits of various Microsoft products to a business and technical audience. Strong familiarity with Microsoft 365 for Enterprise, Azure products and services, Dynamics 365 (especially the Power Platform), or other Microsoft B2B marketing is preferred. A technical writing/editing, software development, or IT background can be helpful, but is not required.
We are looking for writers who can write for each business/technical audience specified for each project in a human, original way that goes beyond typical, cookie-cutter B2B writing. We need extremely proactive problem-solvers who never flag an issue without proposing a solution (or three).
You will work closely with the director of copy and content and design team to adhere to tone and style expectations and meet tight deadlines. Onsite not required.
What you’ll do:
- Craft | Write polished, engaging copy for client projects in line with creative brief, project specs, and client/branding requirements.
- Collaborate | Perform independent research and interact with subject matter experts as needed. Work closely with Director of Copy and Content, as well as the design, account, and strategy teams to develop quality assets.
- Go above and beyond | Proactively resolve internal and client feedback. Quickly revise/rewrite copy in line with team and client feedback.
- Work with a team | Coordinate with design and UX teams to accommodate and/or optimize copy for accessibility.
- Build | Represent Wunderman Thompson values to clients and help maintain beneficial long-term client relationships.
Who you are:
- A Wordsmith | who is attentive to communication objectives and outcomes (in a technical industry). You’re comfortable working across the marketing mix in a structured corporate environment, with the ability to work in constant change.
- Inquisitive | You have an ability to conduct interviews, understand complex content, unpack technical jargon so you can fully understand what your client seeks and how you can best deliver on their needs.
- A Team Player | You’re highly focused and attentive to detail/precision yet enjoy being part of a supportive team. You can collaborate effectively with Design Groups to ensure the visual as well as the written product is extraordinary.
- Autonomous and Proactive | You can own & drive projects, creating solutions to inevitable challenges as they arise. You are able to process feedback, do rewrites & provide clear input to the designers.
What you’ll need:
- Experience writing B2B Tech Content in a Marketing Space.
- A combination of marketing writing skills and the ability to understand and translate complex technical information for a business audience.
- A strong understanding of the technology issues facing Microsoft enterprise customers and related concepts: i.e. cloud migration/legacy on-premises infrastructure, hybrid cloud, AI and machine learning, cybersecurity (especially Zero Trust), process automation, and managing data in the cloud.
- Experience working with Fortune 500 technology clients in marketing and/or corporate communications, creating online marketing content, and branding is preferred.
- Experience writing about Azure products and services, Dynamics 365, Power Platform, Microsoft 365 (especially Teams), or other Microsoft enterprise solutions is a huge plus.
- Strong familiarity with Microsoft enterprise solutions is preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years related experience.
- Strong copy-editing and proofreading skills.
- Proven track record of delivering quality work on time and on budget.
- Must be an autonomous, proactive problem-solver with an ability to own and drive projects
- Excellent verbal and presentation skills.
- Collaborative attitude.
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.