Senior Engagement Strategist (MedEd)
Senior Engagement Strategist (MedEd)
Location: Stamford, CT, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
International Meetings and Science (IMsci), a division of Wunderman Thompson Health, works with companies to build world-class healthcare and pharmaceutical brands among medical professionals and consumers, with a transmedia storytelling approach that covers medical education strategies.
Who we are looking for:
International Meetings and Science (IMsci), a division of Wunderman Thompson Health, is seeking a Senior Engagement Strategist (SES) in our Stamford, Connecticut office. The SES spearheads engagement strategy development for marketing initiatives across all digital/data/technology-driven programs designed to meet specific business objectives for a range of clients. The SES is highly versed in digital and integrated multi-channel marketing plan development. The SES demonstrates keen understanding of how to build strategies and plans to communicate with key customers and shows leadership skills to drive business forward.
What you’ll do:
- Strategic Thinking | Develop highly impactful engagement strategies and programs based on insights garnered from research to deliver on brand objectives. Serve as primary digital strategy lead for client and internal projects at the agency, interacting directly with clients to identify opportunities to expand client relationships. Develop recommendations based on insights gathered from review of web/campaign metrics to enhance ongoing programs or assets and improve performance. Participate in annual tactical planning to ensure the latest digital ideas are presented to existing clients and that digital resources are planned appropriately to deliver on ideas.
- Collaboration | Integrate closely with Account and medical leadership to develop engagement strategies and programs. Ensure programs are executed aligning to the strategy and at a high standard. Work with user experience teams to build insight-driven customer journeys and associated program documentation such as business requirements documents (BRD). Liaise with partner agency or media agency digital leads for successful execution of programs.
- Team Building | Drive best practices implementation and uptake for digital process at the agency to further digital excellence across all channels
- Agency Growth | Play a key role in new business opportunities, leading input for RFPs (generating digital & data insights, and digital ideas & tactics) and attend pitches to represent Digital on behalf of the agency. Represent the agency in digital forums, at conferences, and via thought leadership pieces, as required.
Who you are:
- A builder | Entrepreneurial attitude coupled with strong business acumen. Ability and appetite to bring people together. Innate ability to marshal people and create gravity around ideas.
- Open and collaborative | Our team is close-knit and supportive and we’re working with a lot of unknowns – you must champion team environments that are comfortable and encouraging.
- Optimistic and resilient | Dig in and figure out how to work around problems. Exemplify a “Yes and why not?” posture. Take care of self and team. Maintain balance needed to maintain stamina and positivity.
- Ego-less | We all wear the hats that need wearing. It’s a mentality that makes the team successful.
What You’ll Need:
- Experience in search engine marketing, social networking, interactive marketing, and web/campaign analytics ideally in the healthcare HCP marketing arena
- Familiar with social media sites and how to use them to drive brand awareness, engagement, and traffic to a website/landing pages/social media pages and a strong understanding of social media in relation to broader media mix; understanding of the interplay between online/social media and traditional media
- Strong knowledge of user-generated content, web video, and viral marketing on the web
- An understanding of web/campaign analytics, including usage of various analytics tools and software programs
- An understanding of interactive marketing technologies, including HTML5
- Experience conducting and analyzing digital and web research
- Solid proficiency working with research and data-intensive initiatives, including development and use of spreadsheets
- Ability to present thoughts both verbally and visually through the use of PowerPoint and Word
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to define objectives and work with a team to develop a cohesive strategy that drives campaign and business results
- Able to work on multiple strategic assignments at once
- Passionate and focused on digital marketing and engagement concepts and methodologies and able to speak with credibility and conviction as to how to apply any in particular to a client’s business.
- Possesses exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and deadlines
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.