Location: Horsham, PA, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson\MSC is seeking an experienced Copywriter for our team serving a major Pharmaceutical client with locations in Horsham, PA and Titusville, NJ. The Copywriter will be working directly with the Brand, Marketing and Review Team developing, reviewing and editing brand copy for various channels of communication (including social media, direct mail, web and other platforms) for a diverse audience. Along with other team members, your experience will be valued as a force that pushes the client’s brand further within required deliverables and regulatory needs. Your insights and suggestions from other brand experiences you’ve implemented are a part of what we would appreciate about you. If you enjoy working independently but would like to be part of a supportive team we would love to welcome you aboard.
What you’ll do:
- Write/Edit | As a key team member shepherding copy and content, you will develop, review and edit brand copy for various channels of communication. You will have the opportunity to influence the “voice” of brand, but will also need to act creatively in a structured and regulated environment. An ability to manage multiple projects and an agile workflow while meeting daily deadlines within a fast-paced turnaround environment is a must.
- Incorporate | By embracing both your previous experience as well as the on-going learning process this role provides, you will be able to incorporate message tone, style and “voice” into various message platforms. Blending a strong interest in the medical and healthcare industry and an understanding/ability to incorporate medical writing concepts to various target audiences is key.
- Collaborate | Our success depends on the contribution of all our team members. Your insights and suggestions are valued and will require you to participate in daily team discussions, interface directly with the Brand, Marketing and Review Team and to communicate with project owners and the branding team to ensure internal team alignment.
Who you are:
- A Wordsmith | who is attentive to communication objectives and outcomes (in a regulated industry). You’re comfortable working across the marketing mix in a structured corporate environment, with the ability to work in constant change.
- Inquisitive | You either have or are willing to develop an ability to understand complex research, unpack medical jargon and gain expertise in the medical and healthcare industry in order to make sure you fully understand what your client seeks and how you can best deliver on their needs. You can also become proficient in regulatory rules to provide advice and guidance on best practice within regulatory restrictions.
- A Team Player | You’re highly focused and attentive to detail/precision yet enjoy being part of a supportive team. You’re able to work with systems/software and project management tools and you experience a “boost” when interacting with team members and clients.
- Attentive and Present | You have strong listening, speaking and presenting skills and are “all in” when listening or presenting to team members and clients.
What You’ll Need:
- Minimum of 7 years copywriting experience, 5 years of which must be in a structured corporate environment within in a regulated industry. Ideally a minimum of 2 years pharmaceutical copy writing experience.
- Must have the ability to write creatively for a regulated industry, for an array of audiences across various platforms. Experience in all communication platforms and understanding the communications mix.
- A perfectionist tone, highly focused with attention to detail. You must be able to receive open and honest feedback and adapt accordingly in methods and execution of tasks.
- Able to operate effectively in a senior management team, having confidence to provide insight and receive feedback. Able to understand the brand perspective. Ability to understand client expectations and deliver accordingly.
- Relationship management and client services is a must.
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.