Director of Alliances
Director of Alliances
Location: Seattle, WA, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson is seeking a Director of Alliances. The Director of Alliances seeks to grow and nurture the Wunderman Thompson North America partner ecosystem for our strategic technology vendors (e.g. Google, Salesforce, Adobe, Amazon, etc.), drive revenue growth through partners, develop deep bi-directional relationships between partners and Wunderman Thompson, co-innovate with clients, partners and Wunderman Thompson to best position our technology services within the market. The role will be highly visible throughout the organization, with touch points from the C-level to individual contributors. This role reports to Wunderman Thompson's CTO, North America.
We are looking for a leader who has partnered and built relationships with global marketing technology vendors with a strong understanding of AdTech/MarTech. Candidates have deep experience managing/navigating a partner ecosystem to build GTM plans, sell with and sell to technology services to clients, and raise awareness and drive adoption technology within the business across creative, media, production, and data. Onshore and offshore model experience is also required.
What you'll do:
- Develop | Particular emphasis on developing the Microsoft partnership with Wunderman Thompson. Identify partner opportunities and develop the Microsoft technology practice for Wunderman Thompson North America in conjunction with the WPP Microsoft lead.
- Liaise | You will be the key liaison point between the NA technology business development teams and the individual partner sales teams and will look across all US partnerships and opportunities to co-sell / co-deliver technology solutions across the top 30 WT clients. Undertake regular account mapping exercises and attend the WT North American business development meetings.
- Collaborate | Work with key partners to plan and implement co-marketing campaigns. Liaise with the local technology marketing and North American marketing contacts to jointly execute marketing campaigns.
- Lead | Ensure that the various Wunderman Thompson Operating companies have the sufficient number of certifications to ensure that Wunderman Thompson achieves the highest partner level. Work with the technology leads at the various OpCos to grow our practices and liaise with partner training teams to ensure that WT teams are up to date with certification and training. Monitor competitors and their relationship with technology partners and feedback to tech leadership any threats and weaknesses.
Who you are:
- A Partner | Be the point person for Wunderman Thompson North America as a liaison with key technology partners including Adobe, Salesforce, Microsoft, Sitecore, Acquia, Google, Amazon, Yext, Braze, and Coveo. You will be in regular touch with the WPP and Wunderman Thompson partner teams of these tech partners.
- A Team Player | Connect and build relationships with account management and business development teams of key partners and influence them to bring new business opportunities to Wunderman Thompson Technology operating companies. Nurture, centralize and publish the partner network as a practice asset.
- Sees the Big Picture | Monitor competitors and their relationship with technology partners and feedback to tech leadership any threats and weaknesses. Support the Wunderman Thompson leadership team with requests for information for industry analyst reports such as Forrester, Gartner, IDC, etc.
What you'll need:
- Minimum of 10 years of professional experience in AdTech/MarTech technology.
- Expertise of marketing technologies such as Adobe, Salesforce, etc.
- Technology industry experience, both consumer and commercial (B2B/B2C).
- Ability to collaborate across talented and diverse cross functional teams.
- Experience with leading cloud environments.
- Hands-on—delivering POCs, pair programming with developers.
- Consulting experience preferred.
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.