Jr. Art Director
Jr. Art Director
Location: Orange County, CA, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson Orange County is seeking a fast, detail-oriented Junior Art Director to adapt and prepare online-ready CRM marketing artwork for a streaming entertainment platform, based on provided specifications. Design applications include responsive email layouts, animated gifs, landing pages, social media posts and ad banners.
The Junior Art Director will work in close collaboration with the Creative and Studio Leads, Production Manager, Copywriter and Account Team. This person will manage creative projects to ensure that all artwork strictly meets accuracy, quality, size, resolution specifications as well as any specific vendor requirements. This work will be completed using the latest version of the prototyping tool Figma and the Adobe Creative Suite.
To be considered for this role, you must submit an online portfolio or PDF of your work.
***An important NOTE on location and REMOTE options:
While this role is based out of our Costa Mesa office, work can be done remotely for strong qualified candidates, but have to be local due to client considerations and location.
Candidates local to Orange County will ideally be aligned with a hybrid work model that combines working remotely from home and working on-site in our Costa Mesa office. This approach allows us to offer the flexibility of remote work on some days, while also offering the opportunity for the in-person collaboration that many of our team members have missed. Thank you!
What you’ll do:
- Thinker | Perform strategic and creative thinking to create innovative solutions across multiple channels. Conceptualize new campaign ideas and tactics based on established brand voice and tone.
- Researcher | Proactively research information as it pertains to your projects. Maintain awareness of competitor projects in the marketplace.
- Craft | Receive design specs or pre-designed ads from Project Managers and Account Coordinators. Create new layouts based on a defined look-and-feel, style guides and previous work examples. Edit existing work as needed. Design and prepare files for online implementation. Juggle many projects and campaigns simultaneously. Maintain project style guides to ensure brand consistency.
- Collaborate | Partner with the art directors for the timely development and execution of campaigns and projects, including the concepting and execution of final deliverables. Team up with account services to understand client goals, strategy, and feedback. Make all corrections to files during creation and routing process. Create production specifications for handoff to developers. Serve as a respected mentor to your team to execute interactive projects and tackle deadlines.
Who you are:
- A builder | Entrepreneurial attitude couple with a strong business acumen. Ability and appetite to bring people together. Innate ability to marshal people and create gravity around ideas.
- Open and collaborative | Our team is close-knit and supportive and we’re working with a lot of unknowns – you must champion of team environments that are comfortable and encouraging.
- Optimistic and resilient | Dig in and figure out how to work around problems. Yes and why not posture. Takes care of self and team. Balance needed to maintain stamina and positivity.
- Ego-less | We all wear the hats that need wearing, it’s a mentality that makes the team successful.
What you’ll need:
- Minimum of 2 years as a Junior Art Director, Graphic Designer or similar within a design studio or creative agency
- Must be able to quickly design materials for digital applications
- Strong attention to detail
- Must be organized and able to maintain folder structures on agency servers
- Must be able to follow directions in a timely manner and work efficiently under tight deadlines
- Proficient in prototyping tool Figma
- Proficient in the following Adobe Creative Suite applications for the Mac OS: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign (proficiency in Adobe XD and After Effects preferred)
- Basic knowledge of HTML
- Basic knowledge of best practices for the web, including responsive design, accessibility and content management systems (CMS)
- Knowledge of the work management tools Jira, Trello, Airtable and Slack is preferred
- Experience in design for the entertainment industry is preferred
- A passion for and knowledge of movies and TV shows!
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.