Director, Commerce Media
Director, Commerce Media
Wunderman Thompson Commerce
Location: Wunderman Thompson Commerce,
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Wunderman Thompson Commerce, a division of Wunderman Thompson, is a global eCommerce consultancy that brings strategic clarity, technical know-how and creative inspiration to help retailers and brands define and deliver winning commerce strategies. Wunderman Thompson Commerce brings together WPP’s leading commerce agencies, Salmon, POSSIBLE Commerce, & Marketplace Ignition under the Wunderman Thompson brand. We help retailers and brands succeed in the digital retail environment of today and we help them prepare for the retail world of tomorrow. We specialize in services on marketplaces (e.g., Amazon), retailer.com (e.g., Walmart, Home Depot) and in Direct-to-customer technology (both B2C and B2B).
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson is seeking a Director of eCommerce Media. This role reports to the VP of Media and would be responsible for creating and overseeing the execution of our clients’ Amazon media business. The role will interface with internal teams (media, creative, strategy, analytics) and will serve as the lead on key client accounts. The Director, eCommerce Media will also work closely with the Director on business development and a growth plan for our Amazon Business.
The position requires a detail-oriented, self-starter who can take ownership of a body of work – ensuring that deliverables are high-quality, pushing the work to be better and keeping client satisfaction high. Responsibilities would include creating media and search briefs for our Amazon work, reviewing and providing input on Amazon media plans, and developing an Amazon strategy for our clients.
We are open to remote locations
What you'll do:
- Leader | Provide thought leadership for the company within the Ecommerce community while leading the execution of Amazon strategy and operations.
- Develop | Develop and present strategic, multi-channel media plans that meet client objectives.
- Manage | Manage the planning and implementation activities for an account or group of accounts. Remain well-informed of the overall media marketplace inclusive of new opportunities and best practices.
- Analytics | Perform campaign analysis directly relevant to optimization and/or planning and buying decisions. Drive analysis and insights into performance, trends and future implications. Contribute to campaign analytics and insights development.
- Forward Thinker | Anticipate and react to major industry changes to ensure the maintenance of company leadership in the competitive Amazon landscape.
Who you are:
- A builder | Entrepreneurial attitude couple with a strong business acumen. Ability and appetite to bring people together. Innate ability to marshal people and create gravity around ideas.
- Open and collaborative | Our team is close-knit and supportive and we’re working with a lot of unknowns – you must champion of team environments that are comfortable and encouraging.
- Optimistic and resilient | Dig in and figure out how to work around problems. Yes and why not posture. Takes care of self and team. Balance needed to maintain stamina and positivity.
- Ego-less | We all wear the hats that need wearing, it’s a mentality that makes the team successful.
What you'll need:
- 8+ years of media and search planning and buying. Digital experience required.
- Amazon DSP and Amazon Search experience required. RMN and other retailer media experience, a plus (Walmart, Target, Instacart, Kroger, etc).
- Experience planning, buying and executing dynamic digital media plans.
- Experience building and managing a team.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills - Must have a knack for telling a story with data.
- Ability to analyze data and market research.
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.