Project Manager (Wunderman Thompson Live).
Project Manager (Wunderman Thompson Live).
Department: Project Management & Delivery
Location: England, United Kingdom
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
WT Live Overview
WT Live is the activation and experiential business within Wunderman Thompson, formerly JWT, the world's first creative advertising agency. WT Live was founded in September 2011: we have produced work for Aston Martin, Shell, HSBC, Unilever, BT, Air Canada, The Army and many more.
We are a full-service experiential agency at the heart of WT, offering in house creative, design and production, replacing the need for a third-party agency or event production company. To deliver work, we use all the departments within the agency: account management, planning, creative, project management, digital production, TV production, design, tech, digital etc.
We are a small specialist team, with Jonathan Terry as the Head of Live, Wioleta Mazurek our senior experiential designer, and between 3 and 10 producers dependant on the number of projects.
Our projects range from festival sampling to global creative product launches to permanent international installations, the consistent factor is that our briefs are so varied.
2015 saw us become the most awarded experiential agency in the UK, taking both Grand Prix at the Event and EVCOM Awards beating Jack Morton, Imagination, Amplify etc. Our success has continued, with many more awards in the years following.
The Live Project Manager is the heart of the team. The role will be responsible for setting up teams around projects, coordinating and booking resource across design, creative, production, tracking time spent against billed fees, coordinating and managing assets between creative, design and production teams and manage project timings.
- Create project timelines for Live projects (supported by Head of Live)
- Create fee estimates for Live projects (supported by Head of Live), based on timelines
- Book in resource each week across creative, design, production and manage their time, ensuring we keep within billed hours
- Manage creative assets for Live projects between 2d designs, creative teams, 3d designers ensuring teams have the correct creative assets to work with, assisting with the moving of assets between teams
- Tracking the relevant project fees to ensure we’re on target, escalating when necessary
- Where necessary, manage the creative process within the agency
- Maintain high standards of written and verbal communication both within the agency, to clients and suppliers; you will regularly represent the WT Live brand.
- Quality control of the activity to ensure the creative output is maintained
- Build relationships with best in class third parties and clients
- Be proactive, be prepared, be diligent
- Quick learner and able to pick up new systems with little oversight.
- Process-oriented; looking for the best way to get things done effectively and willing to make suggestions on how to evolve process if you see an opportunity to do so.
- Able to think quickly on your feet during live events whilst keeping a calm demeanor.
- Culturally connected (share your findings; positive and negative)
- Make creative suggestions: ideas come from anywhere
- You have an unstoppable hunger for creative excellence. Your empathy enables you to maneuver through some sticky situations with a calm and considerate approach. You can negotiate and persuade and know when it is right to swing from one to the other!
- You like to build relationships and work closely with people, supporting them with a knowledge of events both creatively and pragmatically.
- You will be a strong voice, a trusted partner and highly organised. You will thrive on being part of a high-functioning and supportive team - when someone is struggling, you’ll pick them up…and you can expect the same support from everyone else.
- You have some experience in events/experiential and will have assisted on-site in the past as well as during creative and pre-production phases; you understand the lifecycle of an event production.
- Helpful: help your colleagues, help guests, help suppliers, help clients.
- Expert: when you go to the hospital, you expect the people you interact with to be knowledgeable in their field. While you may not be an expert yet, there will be people you can talk to, or refer to, to help get that expert opinion. Ensure our clients and suppliers feel that expertise comes through, even indirectly via consultations.
- Passionate: we create experiences people love, that people share. These experiences are strategic, creative, and engaging. They have a sense of warmth and passion. That comes from the way we work together to create them.
- Creative: original thought, creative brilliance. We have a long legacy and protecting our creative output is paramount. Regular team reviews to ensure we get the best work out there always improves things.
- Questioning: we encourage debate. Challenge what’s in front of you, is there another way? Could there be a different way of doing this? Do I like it?
- Diligent: hard to keep hold of when things are busy, but every detail matters. The typeface, the kerning, the colour of light, the guest speaker, the playlist, the artwork deadline, the size of the table leg.
- Timely: clients, suppliers and colleagues need to understand our timelines, and we need to stick to them. Tell people when to expect something in advance, tell them if it’s running late, but do your best to stick to your timings.
- And finally, we’re a team that will give you room to work without micro managing you, but we work together to create incredible experiences..
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.