Senior Project Manager
Senior Project Manager
Wunderman Thompson Health
Department: Project Management & Delivery
Location: Kansas City, MO, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson is seeking a Senior Project Manager to join the team in our Kansas City office. The role of the Sr Project Manager is to create and manage schedules and budgets, and guide the implementation of all online and offline projects from inception, to production launch.
The Sr Project Manager partners closely with project stakeholders across all departments, to bring operational efficiency to the agency workflow process by identifying and managing the appropriate talent and establishing schedules to ensure delivery of quality work, on time and within budget.
The Sr Project Manager will be fully engaged in the agency scoping process, balancing workload amongst channel disciplines and ultimately optimizing utilization and increasing client profitability. An effective problem-solver on a day-to-day basis, the Project Manager must be adept at anticipating problems and recognizing opportunities in a fast paced environment.
In addition, the Sr Project Manager promotes and ensures that project management standards such as tools, milestones and approvals are utilized and followed.
What you’ll do:
- Manage | Provide day to day management of projects from initiation through implementation and deployment through organization, facilitation, attention to detail, negotiation, great interpersonal skills, and communication in keeping team members up to date on status of projects. Consistently demonstrate active problem resolution in order to ensure smooth project process and resolve schedule conflicts. Schedule and run internal status meetings. Analyze and manage ongoing utilization and profitability per account. Assist in assignment decisions with senior Lead and provide support and knowledge transfer. Set-up projects in our financial tracking system and server (job codes, estimate entry, server folders, etc).
- Partner | Collaborate with Discipline Leads, Account and Project Management to support development of scope of work based on functional and business requirements. Actively engage the Account Team regarding deliverables and timing expectations to support a balanced workload for the agency. Communicate status of project to the team and client on a regular basis. Uphold quality control standards, ensuring milestone sign off from Production, Art Buying, Editorial, and Retouching departments. Champion all company and departmental processes and initiatives, including advocating and executing them, as well as assisting in ongoing process improvement.
- Communicate | Communicates risk management, internally and externally. Resolves schedule conflicts. Contributes to ongoing process refinements and the creation of new process. Responsible for analyzing complex requirements and translate them back to project stakeholders with clear and actionable project plans.
Who you are:
- Knowledgeable | Possess a solid understanding of integrated tactics, and our execution processes for offline tactics, site, email, banner, mobile, and other digital tactics. Knowledge of print, digital, broadcast, media, and production process and level of efforts required. Ability to apply knowledge to tracking ongoing deliverables in and out of the Creative Development and Production process, ensuring review and approval of all team members on each round of review.
- Collaborator | Demonstrate excellent communication skills in collaboration with team members from multiple disciplines. Able to identify and communicate print and digital best practices. Prepare materials for meetings, execute efficient and organized meetings that are cross-functionality. Participate in brainstorm sessions for integrated tactics. Establish strong relationships across capabilities.
- Leader | Enforce high standards for professionalism, and model constructive problem-solving behaviors and attitudes for team members. Able to recognize team training needs and plan training sessions with senior Leads. Able to manage and set goals with 1-2 junior team members and provide reviews of direct reports.
- Trailblazer | Able to identify one or more channels to gain expertise in and act as lead for the team on emerging trends or technologies. Contributor to ongoing process refinements and the creation of new processes. Contributor to the development of efficient processes and bring new ideas forth to Senior Management.
What You’ll Need:
- Minimum of 5 years project management or agency experience preferable in an agency or high-tech environment
- Detailed knowledge of agency process including but not limited to strategy, digital design, digital media, and technical production required
- Ability to meet high standards for quality and accuracy under tight deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects at once
- Self-starter able to work collaboratively as well as independently
- Ability to scope projects accurately, prioritize time well and juggle multiple projects with little to no supervision
- Ability to organize people, projects and information
- Team Player and good listener
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.