Location: San José, Costa Rica
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson is seeking a talented Junior Designer with ambition to grow, capable of creating graphic materials for toolkits and to adapt and prepare an array of designs based on provided specifications. The Junior Designer will work in close collaboration with the Creative Director, Copywriters and Account Team. He/she will need to ensure that all artwork strictly meets accuracy, quality, size, resolution specifications as well as any specific vendor requirements. This work will be completed using the latest version of the Adobe Creative Suite. If possible, the designer shall have intermediate knowledge in 3D design applications to create materials such as flyers, stands, glorifiers, indoor and outdoor activations, branded giveaways among others.
What you’ll do:
- Innovate| Create unique branded and unbranded materials from a creative strategy and design specifications and adapt them to all the required materials.
- Craft| The Designer must have good knowledge of graphic design programs, and if possible, 3D design applications.
- Collaborate| Must work hand in hand with copywriting department and lead the graphic department.
Who you are:
- Hungry to grow | We are looking for a junior designer that wants to learn and grow from our seniors.
- Disposition to learn | The job is extremely detail oriented for a very specific industry, there’s a learning curve that demands a positive disposition to learn through the process.
- Mindblower | It is expected for the designer to let loose when permitted and create mind-blowing executions based on a defined creative idea.
- Ego-less| The designer must feel free to create when needed but must also be capable of doing the “boring stuff” when required.
What you’ll need:
- Creative mindset and the wish to positively impact clients through outstanding creative design.
- 2+ years as a Graphic designer, Illustrator or similar within a design studio or creative agency.
- Must be able to quickly design materials for digital applications
- Strong attention to detail
- Must be organized and able to maintain folder structures on agency servers
- Must be able to follow directions in a timely manner and work efficiently under tight deadlines
- Expert knowledge of the following Adobe Creative Suite applications for the Mac OS: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, 3D designing programs
- English level: intermediate
- Good relationships with both internal and external clients
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.