Senior Analytics Developer
Senior Analytics Developer
Department: Data & Analytics
Location: Orange County, CA, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson is seeking a Program Manager with the breadth and depth of expertise to lead large multi-disciplinary teams of people to successfully deliver integrated client solutions. You’ll provide a strong sense of tactical leadership and serve as an agency and client partner to ensure deliverables across multiple lines of business. We are seeking an innovator who is excited to roll up their sleeves and get into the details to build processes that drive business.
The Program Manager is responsible for client satisfaction, quality of work, delivery experience, internal team satisfaction, and project profitability. You’ll have managerial responsibility of direct reports for growth within Wunderman Thompson, including onboarding, growth plans, goals, & reviews, as well as oversight of the quality of their individual project deliverables across multiple accounts. You will scope and create business cases for new hires and participate in recruiting and hiring decisions.
Program Managers must have the dual ability to maintain the broad vision required for executing a project, including operational thinking & leadership from beginning to end, as well as the ability for overseeing and executing on all the small details that add up to fulfilling our commitment to client satisfaction and program/project delivery. Program Managers build project teams and customize processes to ensure maximum performance.
***An important NOTE on location and REMOTE options:
While this role is based out of our Orange County office, work can be done remotely for qualified candidates. Due to client considerations, however, only candidates who are local to U.S. Pacific or Mountain time zones can be considered. Please only apply if you are local to these areas. Thank you!
What you’ll do:
- Leadership | Become an expert in our client’s Adobe Analytics and relevant digital analytics solutions as well as 3rd Party integrations. The Sr. Analytics Developer will be advising on best practices for solutions as well as advising on level of effort and time frames to complete projects. Enhance conventions and processes in tag management. Keep up to date on advances in tag management tools and Adobe Experience Cloud products, process, & documentation. Stay up to date with the latest privacy and browser restrictions.
- Team | Provide team support for issues or questions regarding their digital analytics solutions and manage correspondence and maintain ticket statuses across Jira, Basecamp, and e-mail.
- Collaborate | Work within the analytics team to understand projects and responsibilities. Be willing to proactively make suggestions and offer assistance whenever necessary. Liaise with development and engineering teams around technical communications & deliverables including but not limited to writing specifications, troubleshooting, creating and updating tickets in JIRA.
- Plan |Document tribal knowledge, internal processes, client specific information in a centralized location accessible to the wider team and client, such as Confluence as well as manage correspondence and maintain ticket statuses across Jira, Basecamp, and e-mail.
- Process |Ensure the quality of analytics projects from end to end, from initial documentation to the resulting data that is collected. Ensure data is being collected accurately. Research potential bugs in order to provide the deployment engineers with the best possible information available to narrow down the necessary changes. Manage bug lists and work with project managers to resolve issues in a timely manner. Document QA test plans and processes. Work with debugging tools, such as proxy testing tools.
Who you are:
- Hospitable |Brings a warm, kind spirit to the day and values building relationships with people – both internal and external.
- Strong Communicator |You must be able to provide transparency and communicate clearly to your team while also to our clients.
- Process Oriented |Can understand (or challenge) defined processes and institute steps to manage work across the process.
- Open and collaborative | Our team is close-knit and supportive and we’re working with a lot of unknowns – you must champion team environments that are comfortable and encouraging.
- Ego-less | We all wear the hats that need wearing, it’s a mentality that makes the team successful.
What you’ll need:
- A minimum of 3 years of experience implementing web analytics tools (Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics), or tag management systems
- Experience with multiple analytics platforms and tag management tools preferred
- Relevant experience and a technical and analytical background
- Experience working with APIs and reading vendor documentation
- Excellent verbal and written skills with the ability to identify and adapt to audiences of different technical levels.
- Organized, self-motivated, and detail-oriented
- BA/BS Degree (preferably in computer science discipline)
- Adobe Marketing Cloud (Adobe Experience Cloud) certifications are preferred
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.