Senior Strategist (Remote)
Senior Strategist (Remote)
Location: Atlanta, GA, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson Atlanta is seeking a Senior Strategist for our longstanding client, the United States Marine Corps, to focus on brand building in support of their recruitment effort You will contribute to the brand strategy in many ways, including to codify learnings from a rigorous research agenda, define creative direction for makers, and ensure campaigns, content, and tools are on strategy. You are a self-starter with substantial critical thinking skills. You are relentlessly curious, but able to focus. You enjoy solving meaningful problems through research and insights. You love to collaborate with makers to help ideas become tangible.
**This is a remote opportunity with option for future hybrid in-office working capability. Our office is currently operating in a remote capacity. We will not allow geography to be a barrier in hiring the right person.**
What you’ll do:
- Ideate | Drive and contribute to strategic deliverables such as creative briefs, POVs, competitive analyses, etc.
- Influence | Present thinking to our client partners, gaining their trust by telling a concise and compelling story.
- Inspire | Consult with project managers and the research program manager to develop realistic timelines for the project plans. Collaborate and motivate the team to elevate final deliverables with constructive feedback.
Who you are:
- A creative builder | Possesses entrepreneurial attitude coupled with a very strong account planning aptitude. Has the ability and appetite to bring people together and create gravity around ideas.
- A collaborative challenger | Eagerness to champion ideas with encouragement and support within our close-knit team. Is willing to voice unpopular but data-driven truths.
- A resilient optimist | Digs in and figures out how to frame problems and game plan solutions. Maintains stamina and positivity.
What you'll need:
- Minimum of 5 years of professional strategy experience within environments such as academia, agency, consulting firm, or boutique strategy firm.
- Experience with various types of research, workshop design and management, and insights generation.
- Expertise in digesting, synthesizing, and translating lots of information and data into cohesive and concise thoughts and plans.
- Ease in articulating problems and solutions clearly to teams and clients.
- Project and people management skills to function as a project leader as well as an individual contributor.
- Comfortable working independently, with some guidance.
- Flexible working style, able to keep up with a fast-paced account and comfortable with shifting focus as business needs shift.
- Openness and receptivity to constructive feedback.
- A growth mindset.
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.