HLR Scholarship Internship / NA
HLR Scholarship Internship / NA
Department: Early Careers & Internships
Location: New York, NY, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who we are looking for:
The Helen Lansdowne Resor (HLR) Scholarship is an international opportunity that aims to amplify historically marginalized voices in the creative industry. It provides female and non-binary college students the opportunities and support they need to successfully join the advertising industry’s creative ranks.
Helen Lansdowne Resor, the industry and Wunderman Thompson’s first female copywriter, was an unparalleled creative force during her time. Now, we’re turning to the next generation looking to take their creative bravery to the next level.
Now in its fifth year, the global scholarship, established with the 4A’s Foundation, will award four recipients up to $10,000 towards their creative journey, plus a paid internship at a Wunderman Thompson office in their respective region, a mentor from Wunderman Thompson and a “first look” placement consideration upon graduation. If that sounds like you, check out some of our work here and here and apply below!
Who you are:
Helen Lansdowne Resor was an unparalleled creative force during her time. She was our first female copywriter in the industry, as well as the first woman to find success in writing and executing national advertising. Now, we’re turning to the next generation and looking for those who are ready to bring their creativity to the next level.
- An ambitious woman or non-binary individual with a passion for pushing the limits of creativity.
- Eager and curious to learn about the advertising world and create work that exceeds expectations. Enthusiasm and strong listening skills are appreciated.
- Eye for detail and a creative kick. Proactive and eager to learn.
- Strong organizational and planning skills, strong attention to detail, and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- You are passionate about marketing and digital strategy, knowledge of social media platforms, trends, and best practices.
- You are a highly collaborative team player.
- You are a self-starter; able to juggle multiple projects at once.
What you’ll need:
- Minimum 12 months of school left from March 2022.
- Female and non-binary students registered at an undergraduate, graduate, and/or portfolio school.
- Illustrate creative talent and potential in a course of study like Art Direction, Copywriting, Design, Experiential Design, Sculpture, Film, etc.
- Maintain satisfactory academic and creative progress as determined by your school.
- Submit Application form.
- Personal Statement (500 words or less).
- 3-5 creative samples (portfolio) PDF or URL link.
- Letter of recommendation from member of faculty/school.
Scholarships will be announced in March 2022 but may take up to 3 months to be processed. Please be aware that recipients must maintain satisfactory academic and creative progress as determined by the school.
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.