Senior Brand Planner
Senior Brand Planner
Location: Toronto, Canada
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson is looking for a Senior Brand Planner to position client brands and lead the development of consumer brand experience strategies across several global brands. Reporting to a VP Strategy and partnering closely with communication planners, performance marketing strategists and the data & analytics team, you will play a senior role in the department to build brands that deliver growth in both the short and long term.
What you’ll do:
- Lead | Work with clients and internal teams to simplify complex marketing challenges into compelling brand-driven strategies. Work towards establishing a trusted advisor relationship as the client's brand steward. Participate in mentoring the cross-functional team to develop their brand and business thinking.
- Facilitate | Design and run workshops designed to drive fresh thinking about brands and their positioning that springboard to award-worthy creativity and innovation.
- Inspire | Collaborate and form meaningful relationships with the agency creative teams, data and account management teams to inspire ambitious thinking throughout the process. Use your experience and knowledge of industry trends and perspectives, changing consumer relationships with categories and brands to inspire and motivate the team.
Who you are:
- Consultant | You are keen on understanding our clients' opportunities (and risks) and dealing with them in a manner that leads to positive outcomes. You seek to understand the customer – their motivations, preferences and journey that leads to brand adoption and loyalty and business results.
- Researcher | You have a strong command of quantitative and qualitative research methodologies and working knowledge of when and how to apply them to a given client challenge.
- Insights | You are an abstract thinker at heart and are skilled at uncovering insights about a consumer, a brand, or a category and staying on top of emerging trends which you use as the basis for your work.
- Hybrid | You are not opposed to leading by doing – we all wear the hats that need wearing and you aren’t afraid to roll up your sleeves in an ego-free environment.
- Analytical | You view data as information to guide and support your thinking. You love to work closely with the analytics teams to ensure that measurement frameworks, test/learn agendas are in place and that campaign reporting informs optimization.
What you’ll need:
- 6+ years of relevant brand planning experience; creative/digital/media agency experience an asset.
- Curiosity and passion for brands and the craft of building them.
- Experience working with both quantitative and qualitative research methodologies and a working knowledge of how to apply them to a given client challenge.
- Experience uncovering fresh insights and crafting and presenting compelling points of view to support recommendations to clients and partners.
- Ability to develop strong relationships across agency teams and with clients.
Wunderman Thompson welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.