Senior Project Manager
Senior Project Manager
Department: Project Management & Delivery
Location: London, United Kingdom
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
What will you be doing?
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Project Manager to join the delivery arm of a growing global tech account as one of our Senior Project Managers. Our team acts as our clients strategic and creative partner across 3 programmes, delivering a wide range of projects:
This team consists of 4 Project Managers, led by a Programme Director.
To be successful in this role, you will own the delivery of some of the more complex projects and support with running the programmes and managing the delivery team.
In this role, you will manage some of the high-profile projects for the UK and Western Europe CMO programmes. You will be responsible for the successful initiation, planning, design, execution/implementation, monitoring, controlling and completion of the project.
- Communications insights and strategy
- Digital and experiential creative campaigns
- Digital events (remote recording, shoot, strategy, speaker content, promotional assets, video production)
- Editorial content (thought leadership, executive summaries, e-books/whitepapers)
- Case studies
- Tactical demand generation (emails, social campaigns)
- Internal comms/promotional content
Day to day your responsibilities will include;
- Taking full ownership of the project from start to finish and the people within it (Strategy, UX, Creative, Design, Production, Development)
- Own and represent projects during daily Triage and weekly internal status meetings
- Create, manage and own the project operational environment (ie Microsoft Teams channel) as well as all project documentation, from initial estimation, Statement of Work and project plan, through to risk log, change management and status document
- Process guardian, making sure they are well understood and adhered to
- Excellent relationship-building with all functional departments: core project team, leadership, client services, resourcing, commercial and external vendors (clients too in some cases)
- Resource booking and management, working closely with resourcing managers
- Analyse project progress and, when necessary, adapt scope, timelines, and costs to ensure that project team adheres to project requirements
- Report project outcomes and/or risks to the appropriate management channels as needed in a timely manner
- Support the Programme Director to continually improve processes and propose ways of working efficiencies
- Successful wrap-up of the project, ensuring all key learnings are captured and shared with the wider project and delivery team and leveraged moving forward.
- Regular financial reconciliations
- 3rd Party Management
In addition to project specific tasks, your other responsibilities will be more programme management oriented:
- Review, schedule and assign new briefs for triage
- Run internal status meetings
- Maintain quarterly workload plans
- Approve scope of work from the more junior members of the team
- Assist team with day-to-day delivery queries
Who are you?
- An experienced project manager having preferably worked agency side
- Good leader and communicator with strong negotiation skills
- Able to appropriately respond to change
- Successful in quickly adapting to new environments
- Positive problem solver
- Understanding of and appetite for programme management
- Line management experience
- Organisation champion, detail oriented with good follow-up skills
- Commercially aware
- Personable individual who is not scared of asking questions and challenging the status quo
- Knowledgeable in Project Management methods (Waterfall, Agile, Lean, Kanban), workload management and prioritisation, project initiation, budgeting and financial tracking, project documentation creation and maintenance, change and crisis management, client handling (nice to have)
- Familiar with working in Microsoft Teams
What we can offer you:
We don’t settle for people who can just do the job, we look for people that go beyond that and always push our thinking to be better than yesterday. We believe that this is what makes our agency a great place to be – a space where you’re never far away from the best minds to learn from.
We want you to be comfortable and proud every day of the week and have created an open and inclusive environment where you can bring your whole self to work. We don’t want you to just fit into our culture, we want your uniqueness and diversity of background to add to it and make this an agency where we all have a real sense of belonging and purpose. We are a community.
Our focus is on keeping teams connected and engaged whether we're in the office or working from home, putting people’s wellbeing first, ensuring every person has access to our learning and development programme and building an inclusive workplace. We have a weekly ‘Staying Connected Calendar’ which is full to the brim of training you can get involved in, inspiration sessions hosted by external partners to check out and wellbeing classes and tips and tricks to look after your mind, body and soul. From yoga, Pilates, HIIT, hypnotherapy, a Strava cycling group, 1:1 resilience sessions and trained mental health first aiders. To name a few. Within our office we have a dedicated wellness studio and this year we built a brand new learning lab. Here we host weekly lunchtime lessons that supports iLearn, our learning & development portal home to 100s of sessions for you to access. We're also committed to building an inclusive, equitable and diverse workforce driven by our Inclusion Council and Employee Resource Groups; Roots, Green, Unite, Women @ WT, Families Network and culture club.
Your career development is important to us. Thrive will provide you with the framework and support needed to reach your career aspirations. There really is no shortage of opportunities here for the right person that is prepared to roll their sleeves up, get involved and collaborate with those around them to deliver the best work for our clients and our agency.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.