VP, Account Director
VP, Account Director
Department: Client Services
Expertise: B2B, CRM, Health
Location: Orange County, CA, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson is seeking a VP, Account Director to lead the day-to-day management of the account assignments and have ultimate responsibility for development and maintenance of strong client relationships. You assess all concept and creative development for client assignments and are responsible for adherence and evolution of performance marketing. You are accountable for well-managed projects, timely production and specifically for budget adherence. The VP, Account Director serves as a team lead over several disciplines and is responsible for orchestrating the interworking of the separate discipline team leads. This role owns the responsibility of the growth and development of the client business across all disciplines.
***An important NOTE on location and REMOTE options:
While this role is based out of our Costa Mesa office, work can be done remotely for strong qualified candidates, but have to be local due to client considerations and location.
Candidates local to Orange County will ideally be aligned with a hybrid work model that combines working remotely from home and working on-site in our Costa Mesa office. This approach allows us to offer the flexibility of remote work on some days, while also offering the opportunity for the in-person collaboration that many of our team members have missed. Thank you!
What you’ll do:
- Client | Oversee day-to-day agency performance and agency/client relationship. Craft growth strategies, concepts and business development blueprints for client value. Be pro-active in assessing client needs and demands and delivering added value to the client wherever possible. Become a subject matter expert in client’s field; speaking clearly to the competitive landscape, products, services, trends and digital positions within the client’s business. Provide clear instruction as to the goals and objectives through any campaign or creative endeavor with specific guidance and performance measures.
- Team | Serve as agency champion to pull integrated activities together for moving the client’s business through production to launch. Develop and grow client relationships across key stakeholders. Generate and review employee generated project briefs to inspire and guide creative development. Assess and recommend tactics and strategies for building efficiencies, streamlining operations and enhancing the value of agency to the client. Build a cohesive team across agency partners, departments, disciplines and agency offices where relevant. Leading a collaborative effort to create unified services, communications, marketing materials and value to the client.
- Mentor | Grow direct reports to be stronger strategically, tactically and interpersonally. Mentor and develop direct reports; identify employee goals and conduct performance reviews.
- Process | Ensure agency work follows digital marketing best practices. Shepherd agency deliverables through regulatory and legal review process. Accountable for on-time, on-budget completion of all group projects and the reporting of budget status to clients. Building budgets and assuring compliance of records integrity and agency policy guidelines.
Who you are:
- A builder | Entrepreneurial attitude couple with a strong business acumen. Ability and appetite to bring people together. Innate ability to marshal people and create gravity around ideas.
- Open and collaborative | Our team is close-knit and supportive and we’re working with a lot of unknowns – you must champion of team environments that are comfortable and encouraging.
- Optimistic and resilient | Dig in and figure out how to work around problems. Yes and why not posture. Takes care of self and team. Balance needed to maintain stamina and positivity.
- Ego-less | We all wear the hats that need wearing, it’s a mentality that makes the team successful.
What you’ll need:
- Minimum of 10 years account management experience with a minimum 2 years as the client lead of a large brand.
- Some healthcare experience required (medicare experience a strong preferred).
- Strong experience in digital and performance marketing-- paid search, social, display, programmatic, SEO, content, UX, etc.
- Strategic thinking balanced with ability to make decisions and recommend actionable strategy.
- Ability to lead and communicate effectively with cross functional teams.
- Organized, analytical, persuasive, inspirational, well-developed interpersonal skills.
- Self-confident, flexible yet takes and defends positions.
- Ability to present ideas, concepts and strategic direction to senior level clients.
- Clear, concise business writer.
- Good evaluator of advertising and marketing solutions.
- Proven track record of developing strong client relationships.
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.