Department: Project Management & Delivery
Location: Atlanta, GA, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson Atlanta is seeking a Project Manager who channels critical thinking and problem solving and thrives on being engaged at all levels of a project. This person will work across multi-disciplinary teams and a variety of accounts requiring traditional campaign experience.
Our Project Managers acutely understand the opportunities and constraints of a given project and take responsibility for setting and managing expectations internally and with clients. They understand how to manage and negotiate trade-offs to deliver on time, within budget, and against agreed objectives. Project Managers have full lifecycle experience from scoping through delivery and can confidently navigate and prioritize business needs, resource management, schedules and financials to successfully navigate and deliver all aspects of the assignment.
What you’ll do:
- Work | Deliver work that is excellent, on time, on budget and goes beyond the brief. Oversee the entire delivery and execution of projects. Identify dependencies and impacts of delays. Gain alignment on the scope, schedule, assumptions and price for projects with an ability to effectively translate these to Client Proposals and Statements of Work.
- People | Motivate, direct and challenge teams to produce great work. Partner with Account Management to manage scope and identify opportunities. Ensure a collaborative ‘One Team’ approach comprising of, account management, production, content/social, finance and client representatives.
- Process | Establish and manage project/program communication and process. Balance the opportunities and constraints within a given project. Leverage existing tools and processes to monitor people and progress.
- Financials | Responsible for project estimation, planning and profitability. Build detailed project plans in accordance with budget.
Who you are:
- Leader | Influences without authority and fosters an environment of shared accountability. Drives projects from ambiguity to clarity.
- Builder | Navigates strong collaboration between people, processes and systems.
- Detail Oriented | Sharp attention to detail and a drive for perfection.
- A Strong Communicator | Excellent communication and analytical skills.
What you'll need:
- Minimum of 3 years experience managing projects in an agency or consulting environment.
- Experience working with common project management tools such as Smartsheet, Jira, Confluence, Microsoft Project, Slack, and Microsoft Teams.
- Experience with Workday is preferred.
- Experience scoping projects and understanding budgets as well as project burn.
- Conscientious and adept at problem-solving through critical thinking.
- Comfortable leading team and client meetings, tailors communications based on their audience and level (technology, creative, finance, client, vendor).
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.