Business Development Project Manager
Business Development Project Manager
Department: New Business
Location: Washington, DC, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Wunderman Thompson Health, a division of Wunderman Thompson, works with companies to build world-class healthcare and pharmaceutical brands among medical professionals and consumers, with a transmedia storytelling approach that covers print, digital and television broadcast media, medical education, sales force presentations and managed access strategies.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson Health is seeking a Business Development Project Manager to join the team in our Washington, D.C. office. In partnership with the Business Development Manager, this role is responsible for setting and managing the new business pitch process and for supporting the pitch team to put the agency in position to win new business opportunities. He/she will take command of the RFI/RFP process, establish the pitch workflow and schedules, assemble the appropriate resources, and ensure the team is working in a clear cohesive direction to develop a winning response.
What you’ll do:
- Work | Deliver work that is excellent, on time, on budget, and goes beyond the brief. Oversee the entire delivery and execution of projects. Identify dependencies and the cascading impacts of delays. Lead resource needs and availability across the office and network, working closely with department leads and recruiting.
- People | Motivate, direct and challenge teams to produce great work. Establish and manage cross-functional teams across different locations that are collaborative, efficient and high-functioning. Increase efficiency across a group of accounts through effective management of staff resourcing. Oversee staff aggregate bandwidth, utilization, and realization rates, as well as retention and employee relations.
- Process | Establish and manage project/program communication and process. Leverage existing tools and processes to monitor people and progress. Collaborate with Project and Program needs to ensure the right resources are in place to deliver the work.
- Financials | Responsible for working with Operations leads on project estimation, planning and profitability. Build detailed project plans. Collaborate with Delivery leads for resourcing and scoping strategy across portfolio, partnering with finance and account teams. Partner with the Director of Project Management for resourcing strategy across the portfolio, and support Project Managers in resourcing to the scope.
Who you are:
- A Leader | Influence without authority and foster an environment of shared accountability. Partner with department leads, tailoring communications based on audience and level (technology, creative, finance, client, vendor).
- A Builder | Navigate strong collaboration between people, processes, and systems. Drive projects and resource management from ambiguity to clarity.
- Detail-Oriented | Sharp attention to detail and a drive for perfection.
- A Strong Communicator | Excellent communicator with exceptional analytical skills.
What you’ll need:
- Minimum 3 years of experience managing projects in a professional environment - agency or consulting environment preferred.
- Experience working with common project management tools such as Smartsheet, Jira, Confluence, MS Project, and MS Teams.
- Experience adapting project management methodologies (Agile, Waterfall, et al) to the needs of the project.
- Conscientious and adept at problem-solving through critical thinking.
- Experience leading teams and client meetings.
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.