Department: Project Management & Delivery
Location: Austin, TX, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson is seeking a savvy Project Manager who can plan and direct our digital campaigns—from start to finish. This person will manage the execution of the tactical plan agreed upon by the client including coordination of internal and external resources, timelines, and team communication. In addition, the Project Manager promotes and ensures that project management standards such as tools, milestones and approvals are utilized and followed. An effective problem-solver on a day-to-day basis, the Project Manager must be adept at anticipating problems and recognizing opportunities in a fast-paced environment.
What you’ll do:
- Client | Partner with Account Leadership and the Project Manager to oversee integrated campaign work, including validation of content, routing proofs to internal and external stakeholders, delivering final files, and ensuring the process runs on schedule.
- Team | Manage assigned resources to ensure timely execution of campaign deliverables, and participate in team projects with various business partners to support business priorities and/or special initiatives. Traffic creative to media and vendors on time and to specifications.
- Process | Perform campaign activities, including providing support to assigned resources, communicating roadblocks to Account Leadership and the Project Manager, and efficiently completing all projects assigned in a timely manner.
Who you are:
- Detail-Oriented | An eye for detail, someone who can see both the big picture and the small picture, highly organized, with strong retention skills. Ability to work well under pressure, and multi-task.
- Self-Motivated | A proactive self-starter who is able to work well independently, and as part of a larger team. Not afraid to take a project and run, and be confident in your skills to see the project through to completion. Dig in and figure out how to work around problems.
- Excellent Communicator | Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to tailor your message to the specific audience. Able to clearly communicate project status, required steps, or roadblocks to internal and external stakeholders.
What you’ll need:
- Comfortable with PC and Mac OS, and strong Microsoft Office skills
- Experience running digital campaigns and familiar with media traffic requirements
- Superb verbal and written communication skills
- Extremely detail oriented with a proactive work ethic
- Strong organizational skills; ability to multi-task and handle various concurrent projects
- Effective problem solver with strong critical thinking and analytical skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet multiple, short deadlines
- Ability to work well with multiple team members to see issues through resolution
- Ability to identify opportunities for improvement (process, training, technology, etc.)
- Self-motivated and able to work well independently, without much direction
- Strong retention skills; ability to recall how a situation was handled and apply those learnings to a current situation
- Consistency in delivery error-free work, on time, at standards that meet or exceed Client and Agency expectations
- Experience proofreading marketing materials
- Ability to assume additional responsibilities as assigned
- A positive attitude, and respect for others
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.