VP Director, Marketing Intelligence (REMOTE Option)
VP Director, Marketing Intelligence (REMOTE Option)
Wunderman Thompson Health
Department: Data & Analytics
Location: Washington, DC, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Wunderman Thompson Health, a division of Wunderman Thompson, works with companies to build world-class healthcare and pharmaceutical brands among medical professionals and consumers, with a transmedia storytelling approach that covers print, digital, and television broadcast media, medical education, salesforce presentations and managed access strategies.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson Health is seeking a VP Director, Marketing Intelligence in our Washington, DC office. This role leads the Marketing Intelligence team in leveraging data and research to develop, track, measure, and optimize marketing solutions for clients while leading a number of analytical projects.
What You'll Do:
- Client | Manage significant client interaction, consulting with account-specific teams regularly to advance the use of data drive business outcomes and growth. Draw upon a range of data and analytic applications in support of HCP, patient and consumer health initiatives. Earn client and agency partner trust through consultative-based relationships while identifying and defining data-enabled solutions to client business problems. Collaborate with data and analytics capability teams in the solution design and execution.
- Lead | Lead matrixed teams engaged on client businesses, thought leadership initiatives and new business engagements. Guide teams working on projects ensuring alignment with client need and deliverable expectations. Own client deliverables around insight-generating activities, segmentation and targeting strategies, personalization and measurement frameworks and the resulting client satisfaction. Engage with advanced analytics, data science, consulting and media teams to deliver exceptional client value. Partner with agency disciplines, including client service, strategy, creative and project management ensuring deliverables are in strategic alignment and within client scope and budget while also creating resource allocations required to deliver the work.
- Innovate | Develop analytical techniques and tools into marketable products that fulfill needs across the client base. Identify strategic analytic needs (e.g., advanced targeting techniques, content intelligence through data science techniques, etc.), present proposals, and create and manage project plans to complete work. Drive forward data-inspired approach across internal and partner teams on assigned client work.
Who you are:
- Client Partner | Engage with clients to review and discuss data trends, insights, and recommendations. Work with the Account Management and Strategy teams to maintain and grow client relationships and manage client expectations. Partner with discipline leads and network resources as appropriate on the identification of organic growth opportunities and then development and presentation of new project ideas.
- Team Player | Train and mentor analytics team members; foster and promote a team working environment. Uphold agency-wide policies, procedures, and processes across the Marketing Intelligence department. Participate in department overview meetings, mentor programs, and in-house workshops when necessary. Take the time to notice, recognize and appreciate the achievements of individuals and teams.
- Entrepreneur | Seek opportunities to grow our clients’ business and improve our work. Provide analytical support for business development opportunities. Foster innovation of new ideas and encourages independent thought.
What You’ll Need:
- Successful candidates will have strong mathematical or statistical backgrounds, proven track record of advancing the use of data and analytics and thrive in a team environment of open idea exchange
- Minimum of 10 years or more experience in analytical/planning functions; three or more years of team management experience in a preferably in a matrixed environment
- Master's or MBA preferred
- Health and pharmaceutical marketing experience
- Proficiency with digital marketing analytics tools and methodologies (i.e. web analytics, Google Analytics or Omniture, email, digital media/social tools) and implementation
- Experience with statistical & data analysis tools such as R, Python, and/or SQL
- Versed in marketing technology platforms and approaches to developing and deploying campaigns through marketing automation and CRM (Adobe, Salesforce, VEEVA, etc.)
- Proven ability to create and deliver persuasive presentations, POV statements, strategic and operational recommendations for existing and prospective clients
- A natural curiosity and the drive to consistently seek opportunities to grow our clients’ business
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.