Digital Account Supervisor
Digital Account Supervisor
Wunderman Thompson Health
Department: Client Services
Location: Kansas City, MO, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Wunderman Thompson Health, a division of Wunderman Thompson, works with companies to build world-class healthcare and pharmaceutical brands among medical professionals and consumers, with a transmedia storytelling approach that covers print, digital, and television broadcast media, medical education, sales force presentations, and managed access strategies.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson Health is seeking a Digital Account Supervisor to join the team in our Kansas City, MO office. The Digital Account Supervisor (DAS) manages the day-to-day activities and development of campaign tactics on assigned accounts. The DAS coordinates with the client digital teams and extended partners. The DAS assumes strategic understanding of the client business and builds and strengthens internal and client relationships, working with the account team to provide sound and responsible client counsel. The position also assumes potential management of an account manager.
What you’ll do
- Client | Acquire a thorough knowledge of client’s business to anticipate marketing and advertising challenges and opportunities. Develop and implement digital and web marketing strategies. Plan programs that support day-to-day account activity and clients’ long-term business objectives. Build and maintain strong client relationships. Serve as the day-to-day point of contact for the client(s). Lead client status calls/meetings.
- Lead | Manage and mentor account manager. Manage the internal process for delivering client projects on strategy and within scope. Manage legal, regulatory, and medical review process. Oversee development of project timelines by account and project management team members.
- Process | Work with the Analytics team to analyze and report digital campaign performance on a monthly basis with a focus on program optimization. Coordinate effectively with clients and internal/external team members including Business Analysis, Media, Project Management, Creative, etc. Monitor competitive promotional initiatives.
Who you are:
- Growth-Minded | Demonstrate an entrepreneurial attitude coupled with strong business acumen. Exhibit a successful track record of building client relationships. Possess the aptitude and appetite to bring people together along with an innate ability to marshal people and create gravity around ideas. Provide a consultative, conscientious, and rigorous approach to increase our client's competitive advantage.
- Leader | Our team is close-knit and supportive, and we’re working with a lot of unknowns – you must champion team environments that are comfortable and encouraging.
- Problem solver | Ensure quality control by reviewing agency products including creative work, financial analyses, key client communications, key schedules, creative strategies, and strategic decks. Assist with day-to-day account problem solving by providing guidance to the Account Manager and other junior team members, raising issues and solutions to the senior team. Dig in and figure out how to work around problems.
- Ego-less | We all wear the hats that need wearing. It’s a mentality that makes the team successful.
What You’ll Need:
- Minimum of four years of digital advertising, marketing, or industry-related experience, including B2C and B2B initiatives.
- Experience with Animal Health preferred.
- Strong organizational and campaign management skills with the ability to plan and prioritize effectively while multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong communication and effective organizational skills.
- Ability to understand and interpret clinical data.
- Financial aptitude to develop and manage project budgets.
- Understanding of major market healthcare issues/restrictions.
- Capable of troubleshooting project obstacles and challenges by demonstrating creative problem solving.
- Understands advertising fundamentals, including positioning, branding and principles of good creative.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Entrepreneurial spirit and demonstrated managerial ability.
- Strong analytical/strategic skills and above-average interpersonal skills.
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.