Location: New York, NY, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who we are looking for:
IMsci is seeking an Editor to join the team in our Stamford, CT office. As an Editor you will manage all editorial requirements of assigned projects and ensure the accuracy and integrity of all jobs you work on. You will follow internal processes, AMA requirements, and client-specific style to ensure pieces are of the highest editorial quality.
What you’ll do:
- Edit | Copy edit and proofread various types of medical communication materials for syntax/grammar, spelling, consistency, and AMA and client-mandated style. Ensure work is delivered consistent with set deadlines.
- Support | Work collaboratively with science team to ensure all content is factually accurate and well supported with credible proof sources. Alert the Managing Editor, Scientific Director, and/or Account Director of any significant issues.
- Manage | Help maintain brand style guides for editorial use. Follow all internal processes and suggest modifications as needs arise.
Who you are:
- Open and Collaborative | Our team is close-knit and supportive, and we’re working with a lot of unknowns – you must champion team environments that are comfortable and encouraging.
- Problem solver | Ensure quality control by reviewing agency products including: creative work, key client communications, key schedules, creative strategies, and strategic decks. Assist with day-to-day problem-solving by providing guidance to freelancers and raise issues and solutions to senior team. Dig in and figure out how to work around problems.
- Ego-less | We all wear the hats that need wearing, it’s a mentality that makes the team successful.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, or science
- Previous experience (minimum of 1 year) at medical communications agency or related industry preferred, but will consider strong candidates without medical communication experience
- Strong oral and written communications skills and expert knowledge of AMA style
- Well-organized and able to work calmly and efficiently under pressure
- Flexibility to work late/weekends when required
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat
- Comfortable with learning new technologies
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.