Business Development Manager
Business Development Manager
Department: New Business
Location: New York, NY, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson is seeking a Business Development Manager who is responsible for the full-cycle new business process. This role will assist with development of compelling pitch presentations, prospecting for new business, ensuring the development of strong responses to RFI/RFP's, and most crucially, helping to shape and present a compelling story that clearly answers the RFI/RFP assignment and puts our agency in a leading position with all necessary tools. The ideal candidate must have a deep passion for organization and operational synergies as well as the ability to think and act strategically while targeting amazing global and national brands.
Who you are:
You are a strong relationship builder with an ability to identify new opportunities and educate the network about our technology services and implementation capabilities. You have a consultative sales approach and an understanding of the marketing technology space. It is key that you will be able to articulate value, inspire and sell the impact that data and marketing technology can have on transforming a business. As a trusted advisor, you are the person who will collaborate with teams across data, technology, and operations to develop compelling solutions to solve client’s marketing problems.
What you’ll do:
As a Business Development Manager, you will work closely with the Head of New Business Development NY and Pitch Team Leads to set the direction and approach of the RFI/RFP response. You will own written responses (while building out response templates across omnichannel media) and collaborate with all pitch team members to ensure both clarity and uniformity around messaging and responses as well as enable a deep and targeted understanding of the value proposition Wunderman Thompson offers to a potential client.
- Own all written responses including pitch templates, customizable email templates and ad hoc messaging whenever required.
- Interface with a broad multi-disciplinary team including strategy, creative, data and analytics, customer experience, client services, third party vendors, etc.
- Ensure the team is developing a response that is compliant and relevant to the details of the RFI/RFP assignment.
- Embrace a ‘maniacal attention to detail’
- Ensure the team is aligned and connected by leading meetings and pipelining daily status reports
- Work with strategy and marketing intelligence to coordinate and manage pitch briefings, audience research, interviews, and testing.
- Work with creative to coordinate and manage creative briefing, check ins and reviews.
- Work with project management and finance to develop RFP pricing and assumptions.
- Organize pitch response content including bios, case studies, company overviews, etc.
- Schedule and oversee the design and editorial review of all pitch materials.
- Prepare materials (reports, presentations, summaries, etc.) for agency and WPP leadership reviews.
What you’ll need:
- Clear and compelling written and communication skills.
- Strategic mindset to align the target client’s needs, dreams and visions.
- Proven ability to drive a process and earn the confidence of a team.
- Process management understanding is critical.
- Attention to detail is critical.
- Possess an advanced storytelling ability.
- Maintain focus in a highly dynamic and ever-changing environment.
- Ability to delegate responsibilities to team members.
- Ability to work productively with multidisciplinary teams within the agency and the network.
- Advertising Agency experience with global and US accounts is preferred.
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.