Executive Director, Account Management
Executive Director, Account Management
Department: Client Services
Location: Minneapolis, MN, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson is seeking a Group Account Director to serve two key accounts in the Midwest market, sitting in either our Chicago or Minneapolis offices. The Group Account Director will oversee the agency’s scope across brand, content strategy, experience design and technical implementation work.
This proven leader will focus on building a robust account program - will build partnerships with clients at multiple levels, sustaining organic growth and bolstering agency visibility and value among senior clients. They will put passion and expertise into their portfolio - managing its vision, impact on the agency, trajectory/evolution, and team health, leveraging data and relationships to pursue positive change. This GAD will have strong business acumen, and act as their clients’ advisors, with an insatiable curiosity about the clients’ industries, business, to-market strategy, products and growth opportunities.
What you’ll do:
- Client | Develop long-term strategies to sustain, diversify and grow your portfolio of accounts across diverse industries and customer segments. Become a subject matter expert in your clients’ industry, company and competition. Develop trust-based relationships with senior clients and their teams. Deeply understand the client’s business, their organization’s ecosystem and brand and marketing challenges so you can act as a trusted business partner and marketing consultant.
- Work | Lead multi-partner platform builds, content strategy and content development initiatives to drive brand-building and commercial success. Build a cohesive team across agency partners, departments, disciplines, and offices in the service of your clients – to support operationally sound, effective delivery of the agency’s committed scope. Foster high client satisfaction in everything we deliver.
- Team | Actively develop relationships with department leads and peers to deepen the integrated approach to your accounts. Take an active role in guiding the careers of direct reports; coach them regularly to be stronger strategically, practically, and interpersonally. Assess and recommend strategies for building efficiencies, streamlining operations, and enhancing the value of agency to the client.
- Business | Drives organic growth within their account portfolio via intentional and strategic relationship expansion, diversification and innovation in work, and proactively pursuing new projects and partnerships. Effectively assesses new opportunities and focuses team effort to respond to new projects – or full-scale RFPs. Strong financial acumen and an understanding of how to manage the financials (forecasting, revenue, margin and other goals) for their portfolio of accounts.
Who you are:
- A Planner & Builder | Proven leader who can passionately advocate for ideas and win others over to help you build it. You’ll set the tone for inter-departmental collaboration, thriving at the intersection of creativity, data and technology that makes us unique.
- Determined and Undeterred | Unwavering in the pursuit of challenging work – ready to lead, but also act as a key part of the team - it’s a mentality that makes the whole agency successful.
- Courageous and Collaborative | Fearless in the face of the unknown; a sound strategic partner who can’t wait to work alongside other team leads to source solutions and forge the path forward.
What you’ll need:
- Minimum of 12 years experience in a marketing/advertising agency environment, or other related industry.
- Experience running a portfolio of $4M+, across Fortune 500-level multi-layered enterprise clients, or similar client relationship lead in agency, including financial management.
- Multi-category experience across consumer (B2C), B2B is preferred.
- Digital platform and connected experiences development is required: across website, content, CRM, marketing automation, analytics, digital innovation.
- Proven versatility as a marketer in multi-channel, brand and integrated campaign work.
- Strong leadership skills: ability to drive strategic vision: to organize and create consensus around ideas, concepts and approaches with internal teams.
- Excellent communication skills: ability to lead meetings and presentations with senior clients, shape and respond to concepts and questions quickly and effectively in verbal or written communications.
- Working with other agencies in and out of network to deliver excellence and drive growth and best practices.
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.