Department: New Business
Location: Atlanta, GA, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson is seeking a Growth Manager to be a key contributor to the overall business development in Atlanta. Reporting to the Growth Director, you will partner closely with the Account Leadership and cross-agency team to support client communications, ensuring the delivery of great work. This is a fantastic opportunity to own and lead multiple projects from start to finish, working with a robust team across multiple sides of the business.
Your job will be to support the Business Development team to manage day-to-day communications that will be essential to new business pursuits. This is a mid-level position. You will be a part of a team that is generating work that is creatively brilliant, measurable, and has a cultural impact.
You will have a pulse on the client work and the team, continuously strategizing ways to elevate the deliverables. You’ll be eager to bring people together and play a key role in building new best practices. Overall, you’re innately a people-person with a passion for juggling relationships with the client and project team.
What you’ll do:
- Manage relationships and own communications | Respond quickly and efficiently to requests from Clients and Agency colleagues alike. Strong writer creating status reports, e-mails, letters and other forms of written communication in an appropriate style - accurate, clear and concise. Communicate verbally in a clear and constructive manner and be able to present in formal meetings.
- Learn and develop | Build an understanding of the Client’s marketing and advertising strategies. Learn to negotiate satisfactory outcomes in conversations with Clients and Agency teams. Develop and nurture contacts in each department within the Agency, at the Client, other Agency partners and local and global Agency teams.
- The day-to-day | Manage the detailed day-to-day running of a pitch, such as organizing the internal team, building schedules, creating status reports, securing brand materials, monitoring costs, filing and organizing brand and project related files in a central location etc. Be constantly on the lookout for information, articles & points of interest relating to the Client, its categories and competition. Be on the pulse of Though Leadership within Wunderman Thompson.
Who you are:
- A collaborative team player | Support the new business team in the end-to-end delivery of new business pitches. Manage the expectation of colleagues when completing tasks, keep them up to date on top prospects & industry news, in addition to updating new business status & pipeline on a weekly basis for regional reporting.
- Detail-oriented | Review and write briefs with company background, ad spend, current agency, and analysis for new opportunities. Own & update new business status & pipeline on a weekly basis for regional reporting.
- Excellent Communicator | Excellent in written and verbal communications. Create and maintain monthly calendar of new business activity. Maintain case study database; including writing case studies in both presentation and prose format.
- Optimistic and resilient | Digs in and figures out how to work around problems. Takes care of self and team. Balances maintaining stamina and positivity.
- Ego-less | We all wear the hats that need wearing- it’s a mentality that makes the team successful.
- Passionate and curious | You are eager and willing to learn. Enthusiasm and strong listening skills are appreciated.
What you'll need:
- A minimum of 5 years of experience within an advertising, marketing, or consulting environment. A postgraduate degree is preferred!
- Strong writing skills: Hands-on experience crafting proposals for consulting engagements.
- Ability to strategically navigate organizations and work with cross-functional teams.
- Up to date knowledge on marketing trends in data and tech. Interest in data-driven marketing.
- Commercial orientation with some experience or interest in crafting statements of work and building pricing for service business.
- Comfort in presenting ideas to senior leaders in team and client meetings.
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.