Senior Editorial Writer
Senior Editorial Writer
Location: London, United Kingdom
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
What we can offer you
We don’t settle for people who can just do the job, we look for people that go beyond that and always push our thinking to be better than yesterday. We believe that this is what makes our agency a great place to be – a space where you’re never far away from the best minds to learn from.
We want you to be comfortable and proud every day of the week and have created an open and inclusive environment where you can bring your whole self to work. We don’t want you to just fit into our culture, we want your uniqueness and diversity of background to add to it and make this an agency where we all have a real sense of belonging and purpose. We are a community.
We have a number of programmes and initiatives designed to support your career and wellbeing. There are exciting knowledge sharing programmes delivered through lunch and learn sessions, cultural opportunities through our exchange programme, and you can have an impact on the wider community through one of our charity initiatives. Your career development is important to us and should you ever choose to move on from Wunderman Thompson, we want you to be better than when you joined us. YOU Time will provide you with the framework and support needed to reach your career aspirations, supported by a range of learning options for every type of learning style. Your mind, body and soul are also taken care of through our varied wellness programmes but we like to have some fun here too, so you could get involved in our culture club, find love through Wunder Dating or if you’re the chosen one, take a spin on our Wheel of Wunder!
There really is no shortage of opportunities here for the right person that is prepared to roll their sleeves up, get involved and collaborate with those around them to deliver the best work for our clients and our agency.
Wunderman Thompson UK is seeking a Senior Editorial Writer to join our team in London to work on content for our technology clients. We’re looking for someone comfortable working journalistically – interviewing senior stakeholders and writing longform articles, blogs and case studies. We are searching for someone to help make our client's products famous – through the quality of editorial, thought leadership and white papers. We're looking for someone who can make the complex, simple. We're looking for someone who knows their craft, but who wants to learn even more and develop as a writer. Never settling for ‘that’ll do’. Someone who can go and do their thing, and do it well – and accept helpful nudges towards being even better.
What you’ll be doing
- You’ll be writing blogs and articles for a major global technology company on everything from how the modern workplace is changing to developments in Artificial
- You’ll be our lead writer of case studies, interviewing business leaders from across Europe and turning them into great stories of technical
- You’ll also be expected to write scripts, social media and
- Research industry-related topics (combining online sources, interviews and studies)
- Write clear marketing copy to promote our products/services
- Present creative in internal Participate in client meetings, presentations, and other client contact as necessary.
You’ll get to be a guru on all the products and services our clients offer. Everything from what they do and why they’re good to if they’re capitalised.
- You’ll know client tone of voice and style
- Helping develop and edit our range of content
- Deliver strategies and deploy tactics that showcase our client's strengths to the potential customers across all
- Implementing our editorial and QC process
- Inputting into timelines and budgets
- We want someone who writes in human and not in marketing cliché.
- Who can add a sparkle to every
- You’ll be busy, but you’ll have time to consider every word You’ll work on several projects at different stages of the editorial process. Sometimes at the same time.
Who we’re looking for
- Demonstrated editorial writing ability, including the ability to write quickly to tight deadlines in a fast-paced
- Effective communication, presentation, negotiation, time management, leadership and line management skills
- Demonstrated ability to be a team player, establish an information hierarchy, and produce work self-directed/independently.
- Experience in journalism, content, advertising or related field
- Highly organised, implement a proactive, problem-solving approach and can build relationships with a wide variety of internal teams and stakeholders
- Enjoys planning and organising while being flexible enough to managing changing priorities, and who is solution-focused
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills are vital
- Knowledge or interest in the technology sector would be an advantage
- You’ll be fast and
- You’ll grab a brand’s style and tone of voice by the colons and get it Every time.
- Is it you?
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.