Director, Campaign Strategy
Director, Campaign Strategy
Wunderman Thompson Health
Location: Saint Louis, MO, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Wunderman Thompson Health, a division of Wunderman Thompson, works with companies to build world-class healthcare and pharmaceutical brands among medical professionals and consumers, with a transmedia storytelling approach that covers print, digital and television broadcast media, medical education, sales force presentations and managed access strategies.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson Health seeks a Director, Campaign Strategy to play a critical role on one of our agency’s largest accounts in our St. Louis, MO office. The Director, Campaign Strategy is responsible for the oversight of successful development and management of campaign specific media strategies for Wunderman Health clients. This role requires an innovator and a progressive thinker who can connect direct response and digital channels to all other aspects of a client business and drive growth opportunities. The Director, Campaign Strategy answers key questions such as how brands are communicated and experienced through DR interactions, and how these interactions fit into broader customer experiences and drive growth. This role aids in the training and process development of the department workflows and procedures.
What you’ll do:
- Client Focus | Work closely with clients and internal teams to define goals and develop campaign strategies, media plans and other tactics while managing expectations. Build upon current client strategies to meet/exceed objectives. Manage client expectations, bringing issues/concerns to clients' attention before they become problems, offering potential solutions, and advising of potential delivery delays. Educate the client on the synergy of digital, brand, and media tactics. Function as an expert for the client and a go-to resource for all things digital media – Search (Paid and Organic), Display, Social, SEO/Content, User Experience/web design, email marketing, and knowledge of web analytics methodologies. Participate in regular client meetings and lead client presentations.
- Strategic Management | Possess in-depth knowledge of client business objectives, strategies, and competitive landscape. Ensure that KPIs are established. Review the data strategy. Provide support for new business presentations. Ensure Campaign Readout, Strategic Brief, Creative Brief, and Go-to-Market plans are developed and meet or exceed expectations. Understand direct and digital channels and the connection between DR and Digital. Provides sales support for new business presentations.
- Team Management | Oversee Campaign Strategists and Campaign Managers in the development of campaign strategy and media plans and build upon current client strategies to meet/exceed objectives. Ensures that learning objectives are established. Supervise and spearhead career development of Strategy and Insights team. Support training and mentoring of Strategy and Insights Managers, including contributing to and organization of process materials. Ensure that the team is developing strong, trusting relationships between clients and agency partners, providing leadership and support during strategy, ideation, and execution.
Who you are:
- A builder | Entrepreneurial attitude coupled with strong business acumen. Ability and appetite to bring people together. Innate ability to marshal people and create gravity around ideas.
- Open and collaborative | Our team is close-knit and supportive and we’re working with a lot of unknowns – you must champion team environments that are comfortable and encouraging.
- Optimistic and resilient | Dig in and figure out how to work around problems. Exemplify a “Yes and why not?” posture. Takes care of self and team. Balance needed to maintain stamina and positivity.
- Ego-less | We all wear the hats that need wearing. It’s a mentality that makes the team successful.
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor's degree required in marketing, healthcare or related field
- Minimum of 15 years of related industry experience, preferably Omni channel healthcare marketing
- Demonstrated track record of client relationship development and service
- Proven experience working cross-functionally within an organization
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Healthcare marketing experience preferred
- Superior communication skills, both internal and client-facing
- Strong relationship management, organizational and project management skills
- Ability to work effectively with a variety of internal teams and business groups, including Creative, Media and Delivery Specialists
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.